• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox Watch

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Was browsing and came across this fox deterrent: http://www.conceptresearch.co.uk/fox.htm

Thought it might be of interest to someone. Says rabbits can't hear it and the cat version is used by the RSPB (who presumably tested various types to find the most effective).

Is a bit ouch on the pocket though!

Im not convinced rabbits cant hear these. I can hear them myself so anyone with more sensitive hearing than me must be able to hear them. And they really are the most horrible high pitch noise that hurts ur head and ears!

Im not convinced rabbits cant hear these. I can hear them myself so anyone with more sensitive hearing than me must be able to hear them. And they really are the most horrible high pitch noise that hurts ur head and ears!

I was thinking that one of these might be a good idea, but now I'm not so sure. :?

It's not so much about sensitive hearing as what range you hear in. I guess you'd get a pretty obvious reaction if they could hear it and could just send it back.

I had a foxwatch but I think I think mine was faulty: the batteries only lasted 2 days before I had to charge them. Probably a good idea to get the mains adapter so long as you keep it out of bunny reach. The bunnies didn't seem to be able to hear it because they never reacted yet they can hear a helicopter from miles away. I could hear it though, and it wasn't very pleasant (think dentist's drill in the distance).
Foxes still visited occasionally despite the foxwatch. I find the 3 foot wire fence I have fixed on the top of the 5 foot wooden garden fence more effective :)

I found it a bit cheaper:
http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/foxwatch-p-1722.html

If I could be sure it would work, it would be money well spent for peace of mind.

I bought a FoxWatch from the Primrose Website along with the mains adapter. It is excellent. I can hear it very faintly sometimes, depending on what angle I'm standing at but it is very very faint. My o\h can't hear it at all. The bunnies don't react at all to it either.

Dogs can hear it so it you have a pooch this won't be for you.

It does take a wee while for the fox to learn not to come into the garden, but it is worth it! :D

I bought a FoxWatch from the Primrose Website along with the mains adapter. It is excellent. I can hear it very faintly sometimes, depending on what angle I'm standing at but it is very very faint. My o\h can't hear it at all. The bunnies don't react at all to it either.

Dogs can hear it so it you have a pooch this won't be for you.

It does take a wee while for the fox to learn not to come into the garden, but it is worth it! :D

That's the one I got, as well. My bunnies are at my Mum's at the moment so I don't know if they would be able to hear it. I can't hear anything, and I can usually hear high pitched noises.
I've also put 2 extra layers of wire mesh on the runs, strengthened the mesh under our fences and put mesh (jaggy side pointing up) on-top of our fences. My thinking is try everything together and Mr Fox won't get my bunnies! :D

I was thinking that one of these might be a good idea, but now I'm not so sure. :?

I dont know alot about bunnies hearing and if other people say they have used them then im sure they are safe to do so.

Your cats would prob be able to hear them though Tracy. My auntie has one to keep cats away from her garden and it works!

Oooo thats good then. I am fascinated by how these things work! And also incredibly annoyed when I can hear them all the time! Watching tv can be a nightmare sometimes when our tv is making a horrid high pitch noise. And my OH things im mad cos he cant hear it!

Oooo thats good then. I am fascinated by how these things work! And also incredibly annoyed when I can hear them all the time! Watching tv can be a nightmare sometimes when our tv is making a horrid high pitch noise. And my OH things im mad cos he cant hear it!

I know what you mean... my tv is making that noise now! If you clunk it on the side it stops for a wee while though. I think my o/h has fixed the tv to do it on purpose so we need to get a new huge flat screen!! :lol:

Back