• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to allow buns outside full-time...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

Since it's been so nice recently, I've allowed Nick and Miffy to have a few hours out in the garden (when temp is above 10 degrees). They really love it in the garden, and binky round for ages - it's very sweet to see. :love: Now Miffy is pining to go out. She is desperately digging at the rugs and nearly digging through her litter trays and is getting quite grumpy about being in the house.

I have a setup for them, ready and waiting in the garden, but not sure when it's safe to put them in the bunny house outside. Does anyone have any ideas when I can move them out to the garden permanently?

Im in the same situation hun :)

Ronnie and Lolly are waiting to go to the shed :D Ive been told end of March/beginning of April :? Wish it was sooner though :? xXx

Thanks Becky :D

I've been letting them enjoy the sunshine when it's nice, but I suppose there's still the occasional frost in the morning. :roll:

I cant wait to see them outside running around though - that'll be cool!

Oh, and then I'll have the NIC setup in the lounge for Sally! ;)

Yeah Ronnie and Lolly have been outside a few times in the nice sunshine :) They seem to really enjoy it out there, when they come back in the house they go all moody :lol: Ronnie sits in the patio window looking out :roll:

I guess if the weather stays like this they will be able to go out earlier :D :D Fingers crossed ay? :) xXx

I'm seeing lots of life in the garden, daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths, all peeping through, so maybe spring is springing? :)

Yes i agree hun... all our bulbs are coming up :) Spring is coming early :love:

I love Spring :oops: Strange i know :oops:

MIne are in at night and go out all day every day as they have constant access to their indoor (similar to shed heat but a bit warmer)rabbit room, so can go in if they feel cold.
They have thick winter coats though and are aged 9yrs and 10yrs (almost 10yrs and 11yrs). they go in and out as they please but mostly choose to be out - they seem to come in lunchtimes between about 12 noon and 2pm and just sit in then go back out again. Chelsea liked the snow but Sooty didnt-so they're all different.Go with what you think your buns want.Sue:wave:

I was gunna hoof my 2 out today but decided it was too chilly for them and kept them in instead, and Phoebe keeps going to look out the door, bless him :lol:
I think ill be letting my buns out end of march for all day play :) then back inside for supper and sleeps :D

Back