• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fed up of drippy water bottles!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
I have tried the normal ones and the sippy ones and I am fed up of them dripping in the crate!

Any suggestions anyone?

I have used these bottles from John Hopewell for the past 2 years without a problem, the only time they drip is if hay gets into the end and you have to sit and tweak it out.

My buns waterbottles used to drip. What I do now is fill them up to the top leaving a little air and then over the sink with my finger, I take the water out a little to add air to the bottle. I never even read the label on the back before and now their water bottle doesn't really drip anymore.:oops:

Why not put a bowl under the bottle so that it drips into the bowl, and they can drink out of the bowls if they wish.
Xx

We had a bottle the first day we got Scamp, we went out the first evening we got him, when we came home he seemed really sluggish, we realized the bottle had an air lock in, since then both our buns have had ceremic bowls. At least you can make sure they're cleaned properly. Thing is, when both our buns drink you can hear their bellies squeaking!

:lol: thats a noval idea. i have been searching for a non drip bottle for ages... now i will save the bother and just put a small bowl underneath :lol:

Back