• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My other baby, sweetie darlings

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
IMG_69562.jpg

IMG_69922.jpg
Blue Dolphin

IMG_69932.jpg

IMG_69692.jpg
Yellow Labs

IMG_69893.jpg
Frontosa

Cichlids are great. We used to have a pile of them in our 6 footer.

I'm sometimes tempted to get them again but I don't think the goldfish would appreciate being demoted to the 4 footer :lol:

Have you ever has any big ones? We had a Jaguar and an Oscar and each had their own flower pot at each end of the tank. God help which ever one dared cross the half way line :shock:

that yellow fish is stunning!
are they fresh water or marine fish?

I'm not up to speed any more, but I think they're African Cichlids. They don't look like South Americans.

They'll come from Lake Victoria, Lake Tanganyika or Lake Malawi. All fresh water.

My ex husband used to keep Cichlids. We had quite a few pairs and the yellow ones (same as pictured) were always breeding.. so much so we used to have to sell the babies on to our local aquatic shop

yeah all fresh water, marine is a pain.

the fronts will grow to about 10 inches, although they are only babies now, we have 10 of them at about an inch.

Always wanted yellow labs, and they are in with some redtailed victorians (looking for some females if anyone shares the passion)

We got rid of the cichlid fish (hongi and saulisi) in our 4 fter, but missed them so much we started again.

Back