• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank God for dandelions :)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Artie refused spring greens at about 11 am, and then I tried him with various irresistible, which he resisted :(

I got him to the vets pretty much straight away (they didn't have any appointments til 5.20 but were kind enough to squeeze me in at about 12.15ish as an emergency).

The vet could find nothing wrong, temp spot on, everything as it should be, gut sounds etc. I was beginning to think my paranoia was taking hold but Artie definitely wasn't himself. He weighed in at 2.9kg lost 0.1 kg since last weigh but I have been limiting pellets and greens so that would be okay. I felt massively relieved, then on the way home the little monkey ate the spring green leaf in his carrier :shock: (The metaclopramide was supposed to take an hour to work, not 10 minutes!)

However, he's been well out of sorts all afternoon and I was getting really worried about him, getting to syringe water, warmed up the heat pad, chasing him round etc. I just couldn't get him interested in eating :?

Suddenly he started looking brighter and whilst racking my brains I remembered the old favourite dandelions - he's wolfed them down and now he's eating a little hay :love::love::love:

So I think I'll be going out again in the rain by torchlight to get more delicacies for the little love, oh the dedication. I just wish I knew what had caused it though, and hoping so much he carries on eating now he's started.

I agree, dandelion is a wonderful herb. It has often tempted a sickly rabbit when nothing else has worked. In fact last week we couldn't see the ground for the snow, so I bought dried dandelion, it got Milly eating again after her spey.
Glad to hear Artie is eating again.:)

Last edited:
Yay for dandelions. :):) My two love 'em too - not that we have any left in our garden now though. :lol::lol: I'm glad to hear Artie has eaten and hope he's ok now. xx

Awww bless little Artie - lots of vibes coming his way to keep eating lots of dandelions :D when you've searched them out by torchlight ;) xxx

Thanks all

The vets have always suggested dandelions after a neuter for bunnies, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier :roll: I did have to really search for the dandelions, amongst slugs too :mrgreen:

He's since eaten a biscuit treat, washed my arms thoroughly :love::love: and now he's eating spring greens.

I can't help thinking there's an underlying problem but for now he is so much happier.

How's is Artie today? Hope he's feeling a lot better xx

Thanks for asking -

He's back to having a good appetite and good output too.

He's been skipping round my feet, licking my ankles - back to his normal bright self. :love::love::love: There's nothing quite like it when you've been worried sick about them. Esme knew there was something wrong yesterday, she was looking across all the time and getting quite excited when he started moving about.

Back