• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Whats Wrong with her?? U/D - Shes fine!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Ok today Fudges poos have been a little smaller than normal, not tiny but slightly and are a bit darker than usual? :(:(
And her tummy has been making gurgley noises since this afternoon?:(

What could be wrong and how can i help her?

She has been going through a moult and poos have been a little stringy but today they havent and changed a little!:( She is normal in her self and is eating ok not any different apart from poos and tummy noises :? She has been grooming her teddy alot so could it be a blockage?

Anyone got any ideas?

EDT: Could it be stasis? If so how can i treat it and help her until i can get to the vet?

Last edited:
I would get her to a vets if you can. I lost my beautiful bunny this afternoon and the first sign of any trouble was small poos yesterday.

I would get her to a vets if you can. I lost my beautiful bunny this afternoon and the first sign of any trouble was small poos yesterday.

Oh gosh just read your thread :(:( Im so sorry :cry::cry::cry:

She will be going to the vet but cant get there til tomorrow :( She doesnt feel bloated have had a feel of her tummy and seems normal!

Thats good then. Graham continued eating and being bright right to the end. If he was in any pain he hid it well. Were still not really sure what happened to him. Have been playing it over in my mind thinking of anything he could have eaten that has caused a blockage but I suppose its just one of those things.

Thats good then. Graham continued eating and being bright right to the end. If he was in any pain he hid it well. Were still not really sure what happened to him. Have been playing it over in my mind thinking of anything he could have eaten that has caused a blockage but I suppose its just one of those things.

They do hide pain really well!
I think Fudge may have injested a little too much fur or is needing a dental so to the vets tomorrow for a checkup and she is getting some fresh pineapple to help dissolve anything causing a blockage!

Poor strawberry he must be heart broken :(:(:(:(:( They can pass so quickly and not have any signs of ill health:? They are like glass so fragile!!

I was looking back at some old posts on Bloat/stasis and gurgley tummies and some say Readigrass can make a bunny quite gassy/bloated!

Although she doesnt feel bloated or gassy her tummy is making noises and i did give her 2 generous amounts of readigrass last night and another this morning :oops: I know buns arent ment to get alot of readigrass but Fudge being a dental bun and only liking readigrass i give her quite a bit :oops:

Is this a possible factor? If so then i will stop giving her it for a while and only give small quantities and not often !!

She is all better now she didnt need to go to vets but is going for a check-up on wed (teeth checkup) so will mention to the vet then!

On Friday i gave her no readigrass, savoy cabbage or broccoli! Just carrot and spring greens and a little freshly cut pineapple :) and a big handful of her hay!
Her poo was fine on Sat morning, back to its normal size but still a little darker than normal and her tummy wasnt making as much noise! I gave her the same Saturday night and Sunday night and She is all better! No gurgley tummy and poos nice Big and golden :D:D:D

Im going to give her pineapple 2 more nights to make sure she doesnt have a blockage of hair and brush her more than one a day to remove dead hair!

Although Fudge is better Skye is constantly licking so i think a dental is in order today and blackie my gummy bear isnt eating as much and is drinkning less :? Everything seems to happen at once with my lot :roll:

Although Fudge is better Skye is constantly licking so i think a dental is in order today and blackie my gummy bear isnt eating as much and is drinkning less :? Everything seems to happen at once with my lot :roll:

How many rabbits do you have?

How many rabbit are currently having health problems?

Because you created so many threads for each rabbits that there is no way to keep track which rabbit has which problem. And I don't know why you would do something like that.

Are the health problems of these rabbits related?

How many rabbits do you have?

How many rabbit are currently having health problems?

Because you created so many threads for each rabbits that there is no way to keep track which rabbit has which problem. And I don't know why you would do something like that.

Are the health problems of these rabbits related?

Its ok everything is sorted, Skye didnt need a dental, Fudge is fine and its only Blackie that is ill and getting treated :D

Sorry to be so confusing its when you panic everything gets out of hand :oops::oops::oops:

I have 6 bunnies all are related (thought i had 2 girls, turned out to be 1male and 1female but i kept the babies), and only 2 have dentals every 3 months!

SO SO sorry :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Back