• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good News/Bad News

Dumpling

Warren Scout
I havent told you before this but Angel has had 6 more babies they where born on Tueday at around 2pm. I was realy cold and snowning alot and a started to panick about them all just a week ago and brought her and biscuit in. My son washed the smaller cage out and put Mandy in there with a pen around her so the only time she is cage is cleaning out time. Biscuit comes down stairs for a couple of hours at night and runs around upstairs as well. We where also worried about Biscuit eating he seemed to stop and not eat much but since being inside he is back to his old self. I had to put Biscuit back with Angel after she had rejected the babies so we no that is when it happened. I have taken them to the vets but i cant remember when and they where all ok. The babies have full bellys and she does let us check them and isnt bothered about us going in we have had to do because one of them has come out 3 time but was still very warm so we think it must have just fed. I would have taken biscuit next week for neutering but we had a bump in the car which was our fault so that has to come first. The first oppotunity that i get he will go he misses his mrs and i know its not fair on him and her. She will get spayed as soon as this litter weaned so it should work out that they will both neutered and will be able to go together straight away.

jane

Hi - I'm not sure if I misunderstood. Are you intending to put the doe and buck back together as soon as they have been neutered? The buck will still be fertile for some time after being castrated. Someone on here will be able to give you more accurate times regarding this as I only have two does and no bucks to worry about. Please don't put them together straight away or you will end up with another litter.

Good luck with the kits you already have.

I am going to get Biscuit neutered asap and Angel if the babies are ok when they are weaned. Biscuit will have been neutered by for at least 6 wks before Angel is spayed and i will wait until Angel has healed up and then rebond them. The babies are all feeding and are moving around the nest which has moved a few times. I am checking them at least twice a day as i dont want my daughters to find any dead kits. They love there animals and would be heart broken if anything happened to them and they had too tell us.

Back