• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recomendations for hutch and run for 3 buns

Hopper

Mama Doe
Hi. Can anyone recommend with links please, a good hutch and run suitable for 3 small buns :D Ive decided once summer comes I would like to my 3 outside :)

does it have to be a hutch? i gotta vote for shed/wendyhouse! much easier and more spacious for 3 bunnies, especially as they tend to need their own "personal space". Run, as always, as big as you can!

Hey everyone :)

This is the run I got my 2 buns (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638#more) its great for attaching to a hutch as you just open the large door at the end and put it against the hutch (to hold it in place though it is good to put some elastic ties round the hutch tht clip onto the run).

Its realy good because it has 2 small doors - one on each of the long sides - to add more runs onto. At the time we bought a smaller run of the one above and added it on which my girls loved. It provides lots of space and allows them to have some "me" time :D Also because its metal they can't bite their way out, nothing can get in and it doesn't need to be covered to stop the rain from rotting it like many wooden runs.

On this website their is lots of great products for rabbits and I also bought the small animal house for inside their run (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pen_accessories/33223) best buy ever!! they didnt go inside it much but they loved jumping onto the top and would sleep their all day and their is enough head room for them to get onto the top if its inside the run (keeps them off the wet ground too).

Here is a great hutch for 3 rabbits (http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Th...4 Giant Triple Decker Rabbit Hutch With Ramps) and a run could get attached if the bottom door was removed (thts wot we did) but it depends on wot you are willing to spend. There are lots of other hutches and runs on this website if none of these suggestions are for you.

The run I mentioned at the top of this post is available on the website of the above hutch and there are lots of accessories and covers for it.
Two great websites that I strongly recommend :D

I will try and post some pictures to give you an idea of wot they would look like and size.

Thanks weewabbits. Ive ordered from them before i think, dont they have a shop on ebay? (The rabbit hutch shop)

The single storey 6ft hutch, do they have legs on them, not keen on the long leg ones as they look unstable.

I would love to see pictures of yours, that would be great :)

I will try and get pics up as soon as possible coz they r stored on another pc when mines crashed :p

glad it was helpful :)

Must admit I like the Wendy House idea but as I'm an old bag, I do struggle to get in and out of my friends ones when cleaning :oops:. My trio live in the RSPCA 6 ft x 2 ft x 2ft one, no run attached but they have supervised free range time in the garden (they are small buns).

I love the wendy houses I have three of the above and dont have problem getting in and out as Im a shorty :lol: Having looked at the above link Ive noticed that the floors on the Lollipop houses and roofs are now OSB I bought mine last year and they were tongue and groove :?

Perhaps looking on Ebay would be a good idea if you are looking for a wendy house :D

I did wonder if the low doors would be a problem, but then I have to half climb in the dog cage so should manage a wendy house lol.

How would you attatch a run to one?

I have picked up a 7x5 shed second hand for £50. It needs quite a bit doing to it to make it the perfect rabbit home but it is a start. I am attaching a full height run which will be about the same size again, perhaps a little bigger and I am going to put deep shelves with mesh (to stop them falling off!) along the length of the back wall of the shed. This will make it 3 storey, I am also going to insulate it and sort the window out - hopefully adding another one too.

I reckon that I will spend roughly another £100 on it, so I will have a great set up for £150 - and being full height it is easy to get in and out of.

Just have to get that sorted, wait for them to recover from their ops and then I will bond them (or at least try ;))

Will probably be mid summer by the time all this is done but I will post pics when finished.

I am really looking forward to doing it and think it will be much easier to clean out and would never consider a hutch again.

Wow thats a bargain. I never find any like that. Look forward to seeing pictures of it all when its done :)

Thanks, it is very exciting and I got the idea from seeing the set ups other members have so thanks to all those who have posted pictures in the past. Two of my rabbits are quite small so it should provide them all with bags of space. I'll shut up now, just can't wait :D

I did wonder if the low doors would be a problem, but then I have to half climb in the dog cage so should manage a wendy house lol.

How would you attatch a run to one?

Screw a run to the side of the playhouse with L brackets and use a cat flap. Its quite easy to do. I have taken out the wire mesh from one side of my run and that butts upto the playhouse :D

I have picked up a 7x5 shed second hand for £50. It needs quite a bit doing to it to make it the perfect rabbit home but it is a start. I am attaching a full height run which will be about the same size again, perhaps a little bigger and I am going to put deep shelves with mesh (to stop them falling off!) along the length of the back wall of the shed. This will make it 3 storey, I am also going to insulate it and sort the window out - hopefully adding another one too.

I reckon that I will spend roughly another £100 on it, so I will have a great set up for £150 - and being full height it is easy to get in and out of.

Just have to get that sorted, wait for them to recover from their ops and then I will bond them (or at least try ;))

Will probably be mid summer by the time all this is done but I will post pics when finished.

I am really looking forward to doing it and think it will be much easier to clean out and would never consider a hutch again.

That's great news.
You can buy aviary panels for that, sounds good :thumb:

Back