• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Should I Do (sorry long one)

Keyzzee

Warren Scout
Hi
A friend of mine at work asked me this morning if I would considering taking in her neighbours bunny. I dont think that the bun has been mistreated etc, but she hasnt got any real details just yet, its just that the lady claims not to have enough time etc to care for the bun properly, and my friends knows that Im a bunny nutter. The dilemma is that I already have 4 buns, I did originally have 5, but unfortunately 1 died, but the one who passed away was in a lovely little group of 3 bothers and sister. Mine are all neutered etc, so I was finally thinking that I had got the high cost things out of the way, but now this. On one hand I have a little bun who I know will be loved and cared for with us, and on the other a husband who will probably blow a fuse, and we are going on holiday in August and have booked our 4 into a bunny hotel, and Im not sure whether the lady will have the room for one more, unless I can bond the new bun with either of my other pairs, but Im nervous about breaking up the bond they already have. I just cant bare the thought of that little bun being on its own and unloved so to speak, if I dont take it in who will. What can I do, what do I do.

Last edited:
Maybe you should find out whether the bunny hotel has space first and whether the lady who has the bun would contribute at all (towards any neutering/vaccs needed) as you would be ensuring that her bun got a lovely home? Then your husband can't get mad if the bunny hotel has space and the lady who own the bun is willing to do her bit. Men, huh;)

The questions to consider are:
1. Have you got the funds to look after the new addition?
2. Have you got the space to house him if bonding fails?
3. Can you convince your husband to accept another bunny?
If the answer is yes, go ahead and adopt the little one.

I know my husband will huff and puff, but as soon as he has a snuggle with the new addition he will be won over. I can hear him, chatting to our 4 as he's giving them their breakfasts, he tries to act tough but he's a right softy at heart. I just need to get my argument for taking in the bun sorted. We had talked about increasing our bunny family, as our vet asked if we would consider taking in rescue buns until homes could be found etc. We had said we would but not until our new bunny shed/combo has been erected which will be in about 3 months, as then we will have two cages free, which have snuggles and huggers on etc. But If I take this little one in and cant bond him/her then I will have to get another bunny so this one wont get lonely. We have the space, some finances but certainly not unlimited, can you tell Im trying to talk myself into it. My only concern is if they are a dental bunny etc but I wont know that until I get more details.

Its not really your responsibility to take on this rabbit. you shouldnt need to talk yourself into it. im sure there are people on here who are wanting a new addition.. not having to have a new addition.. if that makes sense lol

Back