• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sticky bobs

bridget

Alpha Buck
Hi

How many sticky bobs do rabbits usually do a day? I don't know if we're getting overloaded with them or if it's normal.... :oops::D

Hi

How many sticky bobs do rabbits usually do a day? I don't know if we're getting overloaded with them or if it's normal.... :oops::D

Do you mean the ceacal (sp) poops? The only time I've ever seen them is when I changed Sooty's food from mix to Excel.

If it is cecal poops you are seeing, then take a look at the protein content of their diet as this is what usually causing them to refuse their cecal poops.

So they should eat them all? Hmm.. only noticed when I went to feed them the other day and warm up the snugglesafes... will have to keep an eye on things then.

If they're not eating them all it is usually an indication of either:

- diet too rich or new things added too quickly
- an upset to the normal gut system, e.g. because of antibiotics
- a 'change in flavour' making the bun not like the taste, e.g. some medications can cause this
- dental problems, meaning the bun is finding it hard to reach round and get them
- spinal/arthritis or weight problems, meaning the bun is finding it hard to reach

So really you need to consider all the factors to determine what might be causing it. What do you normally feed?

Back