• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Moonshine :(

Starlight

Warren Veteran
She had been abused/mishandled by the petshop before i got her (a friend did work exp in the store)and so for the first 3 months, used to cower and huddle into a corner, visibly shaking when i went to touch her, when i touched her neck she would tilt her head away so her neck was visible (friend said they used to scruff and chuck animals :cry:) But once i gained her trust slowly, over 3 months, she was the most loving, trusting, naughty adventurous girlie.

Anyway, recently when going to put her in the run with Scrags, she would run into the bed bit, like an old fear was coming back, today, i tried to tempt her out by putting her teddy in the gap of the bedroom bit, and she came charging out attacking and luging at it out of fear :cry::cry:

Any ideas?:(

Is her eyesight causing problems? Or hearing? If she hasn't seen or heard you coming she may react like that? Or maybe something else has spooked her

Is her eyesight causing problems? Or hearing? If she hasn't seen or heard you coming she may react like that? Or maybe something else has spooked her

Nope, she always comes charging over to greet me in the run and responds to my voice, i think its just the space issue where obviously, any hutch is not going to be too spacious :(

I can not wait until their shed is renovated and all 4 are bonded and living in there.

Liz- She is currently being a nutter and binkying all round the run so i don't think it is pain, she has snatched some greens from my hands!! And is bright eyed, no discharge from nose/ears and not showing any signs of discomfort :?

Thats good ,it was just a thought.

I have had a few buns in the past who have got over being aggressive but have resorted back to it when they are hurting, I guess it is a learned behaviour that they never forget :)

No ideas Kris, but hope little Moonshine will be ok :love:

Sounds like an awful start in life she had - bless her xXx

No ideas Kris, but hope little Moonshine will be ok :love:

Sounds like an awful start in life she had - bless her xXx

She did poor likkle girlie :(
She was a year old in the pet shop when i first saw her, that was when i lived in liverpool, which was about 2 and a half years ago, so she is 3 and a half now.

She just came over begging for a fuss in the garden so all seems good.. a few of the buns are acting a bit strange.. typical as im going away until Sunday Morning in a bit, and mum is on bunnysitting duty :roll:

Thats good ,it was just a thought.

I have had a few buns in the past who have got over being aggressive but have resorted back to it when they are hurting, I guess it is a learned behaviour that they never forget :)

Its horrible to think they would resort back to it :(

Back