• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Graham- update: he's gone :-(

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Graham went to the vets yesterday with bloat and this morning he was no better and was really dirty underneath from sitting in his litter tray and not cleaning himself.

Took him abck to the vets this morning and the vet wanted to give him a GA to do an xray and take some bloods as she could feel something in his tummy and it was causing him alot of pain.

She has just rang saying she cant see anything unusal on the xray and so is going to do an ultrasound to see if that reveals anything.

Vibes please for my poorly little man- he has only just been bonded to Strawberry who seems to be missing him like mad.

Last edited:
Sending huge vibes to the little man! Could it be caused by the stress of the bonding. I'm no expert but was just a thought. I'm sorry to hear this and I realyl hope he picks up soon. xx

Thanks guys. It might be the stress that has caused bloat- if thats what it turns out to be, the vet has mentioned about 8 different things to me this morning.

We are hoping if we get him bak this afternoon and if he has recovered from the GA well we can put him and Strawberry back close to each other so the bond doesnt break.

Last edited:
We lost graham this afternoon- both me and Strawberry are guttered but want to thank everyone who sent him vibes.

The vet thinks it was a blockage of some sort that had been going on a while. I feel terrible for not noticing earlier- he was eating and pooing and being his usual self!

He came round from the GA but his body was just too weak to carry on fighting and his lungs filled up.

I havent asked for a postmortem as it wont bring him back and the vet is sure it is nothing that could affect Strawberry too.

Don't feel bad rabbits hide their illnesses so well it is is sometimes impossible to tell when things go wrong. You did everything you could for him xx

So sorry for your loss, such tragic timing also.

I'm sure you didn't miss anything, they are just so good at disguising illness :cry:

Back