• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im getting quite worried now :(

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Oggies bar chewing is becoming more constant. If i let him out in his pen he still chews that too. He woke me up at 5.30 yesterday morning :shock:
but im worried about his teeth and mouth - if he keeps doing it could it do damage to them?
After he chews he sticks his tounge outlike 5 times so it mustnt taste nice :?

arr thanks for the link. Im going to try those thinsg when i clean him out later, he does have alot of chews already, which he chews to death.
thanks again. :)

Does he have any other peculiarities? I only ask as Elwood chews the bars a lot, well gums them as he has no front teeth, he even does it when his crate is open and he has some neurological problems. I just wondered if there were any other symptoms that might indicate EC and worth getting checked :?

Well not really, hes poo'ing,eating, drinking. He has got all his teeth too - it mustnt taste nice though, cos he sticks his tounge out al the time afterwards like we would of we didnt like something :lol:

I just wanted to ask - is newspaper ok to wrap things in?
:)

im in a similar situation. Perry is a pain in the a*se! He is in a really spacious NIC set up with his missus, loads and loads of toys, chews wood toy things for him to chew, hay food, different levels with toys and he still chews the bars at random times throughout the day. We wondered if it was that he didn't feel we were giving him enough attention but then he growls when we try to get in to give him some attention.

One morning though we woke up early before the time he normally starts to chew (you can set your watch by him) and he was trying to get some snuggles and kisses from Belle. But she was TOTALLY ignoring him. He kept pressing his face into hers but she kept turning away. He ran off to the side and started chewing on the panels non stop for about 10 mins.

Belle then came charging over, knocked into him to get his attention and started grooming his head and he closed his eyes, sank into her and cuddled up with her. With no bar chewing! This has happened a couple of times. He does it to get attention from her! They're funny things aren't they!!!

:love:

awh that is adorable :love: :love:

Ogs is on his own atm, but he has sorta got used to me getting him out for a cuddle everytime he chews and then i give him food, this keeps his quiet for abit and then he starts all over again in about half hour :roll:

awh that is adorable :love: :love:

Ogs is on his own atm, but he has sorta got used to me getting him out for a cuddle everytime he chews and then i give him food, this keeps his quiet for abit and then he starts all over again in about half hour :roll:

It might be an attention thing then eh? If he knows that everytime he chews on the bars, you pick him up, he's got it sorted hasn't he? :lol:

Loved the pictures on your link to your previous post, Tasmin! Will try out all these ideas on my bunny. Cheers!

Back