• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sebastian is acting weird

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
hello

I went out as normal to feed the buns as normal. They were all acting normally including Sebastian.

He came to the top teir to have his pellets as usual but soon after her was lying down, the started rolling about. He did this for a while stopping in between and lying flat out with his head on the floor and legs out backward.

This is rather unusual behaviour as he is normally very active at this time of night.

he then went upstairs and sat in the dark corner. i left him for a while but when i went back to look he was sitting just the same.

I have brough him inside and he is being quite active looking round the living room...

Do you think he's ok? going to keep him in till he poos.

:(

xxx

All you can do is monitor and if you suspect ANYTHING, even an inkling then go to the vets, better safe than sorry.
I always find my bunnys going quiet and sticking to one spot means tummy trouble brewing

He's lying down again, shutting his eyes, i definately think tummy trouble...

He's right next to me in the carrier (with the door open in case he feels like coming out)

Is there anything i can give him?

xxx

Id be on poop and wee patrol, and try and get some food into him - encourage him with favourite snacks and veggies.
Do you have any recovery liquid feed you could give him? also keep him nice and warm (snuggle safe,waterbottle?) and tbh id take him to the vets first thing 2 morro morning, might be nothing but better safe than sorry!
edit
your best off trying to get him to run about to encourage the guts to move! also tummy rubs if hell let you hold him :love:

Can you rub his tummy hun? Is his tummy bloated?

Has he had tummy problems before?

Sending lots of vibes for the gorgeous little boy xXx

no he's never had anything worng before, just letting him rest for a mo then going to get him and wiggle him about.

Will take him to the vets if at any point think he goes downhill.

:cry:

no he's never had anything worng before, just letting him rest for a mo then going to get him and wiggle him about.

Will take him to the vets if at any point think he goes downhill.

:cry:

oh dear :( I do hope he will be ok :( has he ate any of his dinner?

Do his eyes look ok?? It sounds similar to what happened to Ronnie recently... but his eyes were funny, like glazed :(

xXx

he ate some pellets then started this.

Just got him and rubbed him and gave him a bit of infacol.

He was totally unimpressed so put him down.
he's running about the lounge now and even had a telescope and a wash...

fingers crossed.:?

He did a wee!!!! (on the carpet :lol:)

he's been very active around the lounge, now lying down again :?

Just monitor, keep an eye for the usal signs (as i said earlier) tummy rubs, lots of running around and treats to tempt him, but vets straight away if you think hes going downhill, it happens so quick, as ive just learnt :(

He seemed ok this morning. He had poo'd wee'd and eaten over night. So I popped him back out in his hutch so he has plenty of room to move about. Fingers crossed he's ok now :D

Aww thats great news :) They like to worry us at times :lol:

His name always reminds me of the crab from the little mermaid :oops: xXx

Maybe he just didn't fancy sleeping outdoors last night. :lol::lol: I'm glad it was just a false alarm. :D

Back