• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eglu

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Does anyone keep their rabbit in one of these.....?

If so, how big are they? I was looking at the website (out of curiosity) and they seem very, very small if you ask me. What are the advantages aside from the 'designer' brand? They are also ridiculously overpriced!

I'm confused :?

:wave: I don't think they're very good - I've heard of a few people losing their buns to foxes because they're not secure.

They are much too small...not foxproof and greatly overpriced

We had one given in with a bun and is ok for run and run cover but not as accomodation

Hi,

You are absolutely right - it is ridiculously overpriced.

It is tiny - for any rabbits to be kept in 24/7. I would only say it may be okay to be used as a run during the day with shelter for dwarf rabbits or guinea-pigs ONLY. But again, who on earth would pay at that price when we could easily buy bigger and better quality runs and hutches.

All they are interested in is the ' modern appearance' not the rabbit welfare. I think that’s absolutely wrong.:(

I think you'll find you get the same sort of response of most people on here. They are tiny, unnecessarily expensive and not very safe.

I have got one that was donated by the manufacturers in the hope that the rescue I worked for then would recommend them.

It's awful and I would never,ever put rabbits in it, except for a play shelter on the grass. It's too small, it's got no windows when the door is shut, a rabbit can't lie down in one, even a small bunny.

It's only appealing to the owners taste, and there has been no thought for the rabbits in it's design at all.:cry:

I had one and my two buns loved it. They didn't like to be touched so it was ideal in that way. The door was always left open and i had an extension on the run. At that time i didn't know any better.

But they are too small. the two buns have now got a custom made hutch and run combo. I wouldn't keep chickens it it either

The other buns have a shed and avairy which is considerably bigger and cost much less!!

My buns are house buns but I've recently put a fence across the garden (using one of puppy crates that opens to a straight line) so the buns can go outside on the patio (walled on either side so its nice and safe and no need for a run or harness etc. They still won't ever be out their alone, but I spend a lot of time in the garden. So, I want them to have a little house for a litter tray, hay rack, their own space etc - the house bit of an eglu would be perfect! If any of you want to get rid of the ones you've ended up with I'd be happy to take it off your hands, I would of course be happy to pay a nominal price and all costs.

Back