• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective - how much do you pay?

Hi :wave:

I buy ours from Vet UK http://www.vetuk.co.uk/, but the 3kg bags work out cheaper per kg than the 10kg bags!

3kg - £4.78 (£1.59 per kg)
10kg - £19.18 (£1.92 per kg)

Delivery is free on food orders over £39 - they sell Herbage at £3.46 per bag too so I buy in bulk!

Feedem do 10kg bags at £13.99 - not sure what delivery is like though.

The RRP has recently gone up to about £22, the hay experts are still selling it cheaper, it's £18.49 on there at the moment, if you buy a couple of bags at a time it saves on the postage too.

Yep, I used to pay about £16 from our local horse feed place but they have had to put their prices up to £20 so that seems about right to me.

I'd get it from the Hay Experts too I think - I think I will in future.

:oops::oops::oops:SORRY:oops::oops::oops: I forgot I changed from SS to Allen and Page. I told you I was old and losing my marbles.....:lol:

SS don't do a 20kg sack I don't think, so I suspect it may be A&P that is being paid £8.60 for :)

I wish SS would bring out the mature version in a 10kg sack.

Edit: ahahahaha cross posted with the above :)

:oops::oops::oops:SORRY:oops::oops::oops: I forgot I changed from SS to Allen and Page. I told you I was old and losing my marbles.....:lol:

:lol: :lol: I went to fancy dress as Wendy in my jammies a few weeks ago ! Had marbles in my pocket and kept saying I had lost them :shock: :lol:

I pay £8.60 for a 20kg bag I collect, so no delivery charge.

8.60? 20 kg bag? I never saw a 20 kg SS bag. Or do you mean Allen and Page?

I pay 18.49 plus delivery from the Hay Experts, and usually order hay, straw and other stuff at the same time, so postage is justified.

:lol::lol: Cross posted, too. :D

Oooh, I had never heard of Feedem before. I've just ordered two 10kg sacks with a storage container for the food and it was only a couple of quid more than I usually pay for 2 bags. :D Yay!

I couldn't see on the website how much postage is though, I got free postage as I was buying over a certain amount. Does anyone know how much standard delivery is?

Back