• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stupid question alert!

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
I feel foolish writing, this, and should probably just read the forum more but...

If you don't have any personal involvement with a rescue, how do you choose who you'd like to help?

Do you just pick up on a recent story of a rescue that have something big to deal with, or do you read lots of posts to see who helps the most bunnies, or choose a bunny with a cute face and help the rescue they are with?

I'd like to raise some funds, but don't know how to find out who might most appreciate my help right now. :oops:

I feel foolish writing, this, and should probably just read the forum more but...

If you don't have any personal involvement with a rescue, how do you choose who you'd like to help?

Do you just pick up on a recent story of a rescue that have something big to deal with, or do you read lots of posts to see who helps the most bunnies, or choose a bunny with a cute face and help the rescue they are with?

I'd like to raise some funds, but don't know how to find out who might most appreciate my help right now. :oops:

Choose ARC! ;) Not that I am biased!!! :lol:

It is difficult as they all do such great work. x

nawty buuny friend but yes arc :lol:

best thing really is to follow your heart your not going to be judged who you support all rescues need help be it money or by helping hand :)

It's really tricky...they all need the help and support really; I'd either go with your gut instinct or look for a particularly 'sad' case that you know will be expensive either through sheer size of a particular rescue or through the type of illnesses the bunnie/s have (or both!) - such as Alice taking in the 61 rabbits in Gloucester.

I'm sure there's a lot out there who aren't so active online and therefore possibly don't get as much 'publicity' or support in that way as it were...but there aren't enough funds to go round so those who are more publicly supported are still in need of support too.

No easy answer I don't think :?

I would also check the rescues policies on neutering and vaccinating, bonding etc and make sure you agree with them. It becomes very hard to support someone when you disagree with the way they do things :)

Well we decide to help the 2 rescues where we got ours from as we were touched by the work that Bunny Burrows does. Although if we hadnt met the 1st rescue we wouldn't have found out about BB so we still help them but they arent as good as BB. If it wasn't for this little old lady at BB my bun angel would have been pts twice first from rspca who said she had myxi and needed pts and then by vet who said she didnt have a life as she was trapped by her own skin (see Angels profile at www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com) so it went from sending some money at xmas to writing a story having it published to raise money for them!
I would say choose who you feel is best and does the best work (all do amazing work in their own ways, ) perhaps one you can visit and check up on so to speak as you dont want to encourage people to go to a rescue where they dont take good care of the animals. Is it bun only rescue you want or all animals etc.
What are you thinking of doing?

Maybe one close to home if you find one you like then you can visit from time to time and help out with fund raisers etc

I think it depends on the situation.

Elaine I help because she is a small, local rescue and not a registered charity.

Alice I helped, because of the situation she was in.

i help rescues who are run by familys or single people who do all the work themselves and dont take a wage, the money raised then goes to the animals and not someones wages.

wel i help those in my local area or those local to my ums as i frequently drive that way. some i know are run solely by individuals and have such a good life. for example hugos there (liz runs a retierment home for disabled and old bunnys that otherwise would find it hard to get a home.. its self funded and she knows i will willingly do anythign to hlep her out. arc shouls by now be aware i will do bunyn runs if i can for them or help out at local events.... alice in gloucester i helped as she gave such good advice in the past to us and helped mum dearly with her own bunny. in general i try and help with big rescue appeals and those who i feel are struggling most/have saddest cases in. i try and help by doing non monetry things generally such as transporting ..homechecking and donations of things such as newspapers... veg and treats. i notice one rescue has put a post askign for washing powder so i hope to contribute to that one too. you must agree with the fundamental issues the rescue has such as neutering/spaying/vaccinations etc and their stance on welfare. good luck in choosing who to help! x

I chose the rescue i helped on grounds of how close they are to me, what help they actually needed, and what thier policys were.
The rescue I help, I can get to in about 20 minutes via car, has very good rehoming policys, I know shes not afraid to turn down anyone remotley unsuitable, and I know she takes really good care of the rabbits in care!

Back