• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did it as kids so why not do it for the buns?

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
Growing carrot tops that is!

I was just thinking- it's so much more expensive to buy bunched carrots, and if you don't have the space/time etc to grow carrots, why not slicew the tops of your regular carrots, pop them on a suacer with a bit of weater and grow the bunny some extra greens! It only takes a few days and it's free/ making more of the carrots you already bought!

:D

I think if your bunny has a problem with calcium levels you might need to take care not to over feed them but otherwise it's fine. :D

Yup you just need to keep a little water in a saucer, if you want you can use a little cotton wool, or paper towel to keep the water in, but just adding a fresh drop of water everyday works! :D

You can try it with other root veg too (depending on what your bunny will eat) e.g radishes, parsnips etc.

What a great idea - I'm going to give it a go just for the hell of it as none of mine eat the carrot tops:lol:

I thought they shouldn't eat carrot tops, or am I dreaming it?

They can have some, but as a treat, not too regularly as they are incredibly high in calcium - this applies to all buns, not just those whose calcium needs to be kept an eye on :)

Fabulous idea! will it still work with our modern day, irradiated carrots I wonder? I'm off to find out! :D

Back