• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

little injured bun im taking in UD/more pics

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
from the vets se my post in welfare..but this little bun has been badly injured and left mutilated....but it doesnt show in this piccy and darned mobile phone only let me send this one says send failed aaarghhhhh

anyone want a piccy messgae to their phone so they have a go for me?:oops:

however this pic shows how cute he is..but if you look very closely i mean very closely..theres something balck hanging from his mouth to the right of the piccy..looks like a squishy poo dangling:lol:
ITS NOT! its part of his lower lip:( its hung to one side and necrotic and black. it goes across his lip from left to right and diagonally up.....is very sore infected inside and was swollen so big you couldnt see his mouth at all or part of his nose:cry:
this pic was taken the first time i saw him..the vet says the dead tissues dropping off now and the insides still abit infected will require more antibiotic injections daily poor wee thing.
when hes got the all clear im booking him in for his jabs and neutering.....and brining him home to live upstairs as after neutering a free range upstairs bun...hell have a ball. and get lots of attention:love:

here is is..

bunbunvets.jpg

Last edited:
Aw poor bun! Well done for taking him in! :love::love::love:

I more than happy to put pic online (PM if you still need/want to do this and ill send you my number :lol:)

:lol: i finally figured it out..doh..by using the phone charger via the usb it automatically is the E drive and lo and behold all the pics were there...:oops::oops:
told you all i was useless didnt i:lol:

anyhoo heres the only other pics i have to date one showing his lip a little clearer.
IMG0131A.jpg

look closely at the "black stuff" hanging from his face ..thats the necrotic lip:shock: he will have a permanent v shape misisng exposing his teeth and gums and it will be almsot horizontal in one place....very hard to see in these pics..when we get him ill take pics to show more clearly as it heals

IMG0132A.jpg

he isnt horribly disfigured i hear you say..but compared to a normal healthy bun he will be...and he was mutilated..by who or what we dont know but as long as he heals its all that matters now. if he looks down you dont notice it much..but when he looks up or sits up you can see it...and it can never be sewn together as too much tissue is missing..but hes managing to eat best he can.

It's hard to see anything wrong from the pictures. All I see is cute bunny (he looks adorable) :D But your description is quite scary, poor little bunny. It's good to know he's now being looked after.

hope his infections gone low enuff just for oral meds now..im not experienced with imjections...tried it for a week with our first ever bunny and i bruised her..now i know the angle of the needle but not confident.
I will know more tomorrow.in the meantime ive got to get upstairs sorted and his cage etc so its all set up this week..the only thing i worry about is his ability or rather lack of eating hay. if i crumble up a hay cookie itd be soft but would it be easier to eat?

Oh he is beautiful! :love: Poor little mite, I cant even imagine how he got that injury, he must have suffered terribly. He's lucky to have found you!

Sorry I cant give any advice, but thank you for rescuing him and giving him a loving forever home! :)

:wave: i took bertie for his eye treatment on monday morning...full of this flu sore throat bug but i did warn folks and sit well away and so on...:oops:
by chance the receptionist Lyn whod been nursing him had brought him in for the check up to give him the al clear which ellen has done.
And he had all his stuff there so of course she asked..today? i thought omg im so ill etc etc then said oh stuff it..yes today:lol:
so i hung aorund for almost an hour and then she locked up and drove me the new bun..bertie n bif and their "bunny mobile" back to my house where she had lots of laughs at my rabbit home...basically the lounge is a pet home and were allowed to watch tv in it:lol:

we left the little chap in the vet cage to get used to smells surroundings etc and right away he made friends with zuzu..he got so happy and um well now we know..horny:lol:
bertie was in too much pain from having his eye ul,cer debrided and then losing nap time comforting bif whod gone with him.
bif however was having a full blown convo with him,,being very nice.only cos the grids were too small to bite him thru:oops:
she even went to sleep a foot away from his cage/carier thingy...
then he came down our end and we were tlaking with lyn and she was watching him and he was rolling so happily she said oh my is he ok..um yup...hes just wayyyyy too comfy. he never did it with her but then shed lost her cat n dog in one day a few days before taking him in..and shes ben the one giving him injections every day and bathing his messed up chin and lip..he was still very friendly toawrd her tho.
he stayed there until she left and she had to tearfully say goodbye..she didnt want to keep him as buns arent her thing but i reckon he could have changed her:lol:
the sky guy had to come to fix our box and he was runing two hrs late....aarghh wot about setting up his cage..so i cleaned it all up and put litter in tray etc ready to do upstairs when the guy had been.
it turned out having him downstairs so long made him pal up with the cats..hes not scared of them at all so i reckon hes used to cats..hes a nosey little demon anyway.
ellen gave him his vhd jab as she was leaving before we did...she said with me having other buns vhd first..then myxi..and neutering unless hes really stinky and out of control.

he got put upstairs and we left him again to his own devices just talking to him as moved around. hes a ganet...for pellets but is trying with his hay but not too well....im going to have to see what hay he finds easiest to eat.
tonite we let him loose on the landing for a run around as all night he wanted to join in the cats playtime it was sooo funny and cos he couldnt get to them he kept banging his foot and groaning..all my buns have done that when in a strop cos they cant get their own way:lol:

hes had a charge around on our landing and bathroom tonite to wear him out so we could threat his wound and take a check on how its doing etc.
um he pooped everywhere..but didnt wee..BUTthe cats came to play with him like htey have all our buns and do play with our buns and each other..he loved it......um a little too much:oops:
then he proceeded to get very excited and then chinned everything which was pretty painful as he kept flinching but it still didnt stop him!
he got hold of zuzu but she ran downstairs and then he got salem and salem sat back down not realising horny bunny was in hot pursuit:shock: if he hadnt have moved and run when he did..with bun hanging from his thigh..it could have been very embarressing all around:shock::lol:

little chap insisted on going into wetroom shower room which nikki had used about an hour before and he was playing in the plughole puddle..hes very odd!! then all of a sudden he stepped out onto the landing and binkied form take off almost and was almost the height of the bannisters/handrails!! we have one of those plastic alibaba type wash bins and he binkied the height of it with its lid on!!
hes very nosey very brazen and actually pretty friendly considering its only his 2nd night here. nikki had aright old time doing his chin and lip.hes a real wriggler and hates it being touched for obvious reasons. she bathed it with the hibiscrub ellen had given him and lyn had been using on him. It was only then we really saw the true extent of his poor little mouth trauma:(
the lower teeth are exposed all the time and he has a split so big he makes sooo much noise drinking from his water bowl its awful poor thing but he manages fine cept when the water leaks out the gap.:(
he has some terrible scar tissue and has additional skin gum tissue still trying to settle and his teeth have it up to it so its probably the flaps from the removal of the mass of necrotic lip tissue.

hes very happy and bold..and sleeps so laid back and almost on his back!!
hes been given a pine cone by me to see if he can play with it or take nibbles from it..he was using it as a pillow:roll::lol:

i am going to ring up 2moro to say he needs neutering once his vhd jab has settled as hes peeing all over his blankets etc in short firehose bursts..and pooing those really smelly poos and of course hes musky anyway!! Plus my cats cant handle hiding fromt his teeny bun who isnt going to be the one to jump when they play BOO! nope hes a right little bully and hes awfully horny and the cats are his fave things to try and hump!

nikki took a few pics to show her sister but he looks so tiny in them..we reckon hes still under a year maybe less..and hes got fuzzy fir but might be baby fur still gotta moult off....and hes a teny bit lionhead anyway but bandit had soft sleek silky fur..this ones fuzzy!

he has one ear that seems a bit off hard to move and i thought he had slight head tilt..um nope..just him looking at the stairs waiting for the cats to come out of hiding:lol:

nikki and i are both sick...her m.e reaction means shes going to be very very sick so hes good company for her......and when were both capable..cough...we will take pics of his mouth when its being bathed.

ellen thinks he should adapt fine in time but at least we can keep a close eye on him and lyn can come visit him.

this is so strange but we all have health defects in this house..human and animal so hes in good company..plus hes quite quite mad...another requirement to live here!

Back