• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is wrong with REWs?

coco1200

Warren Veteran
the stores only just opened today, and theres already 5 REW netherland dwarfs in there up for adoption :( all under a year old. one of the store assistants said that nobody wants them, and they can never shift the REWs.
I seriously can't see anything wrong with them, they are soooo beautiful!

I was actually never big on them:oops: til I got my NZ white. He is an amazing bun & I would never turn a bun down based on colour again. His partner is a REW too, but tiny, feisty & blind as a bat:D

I think they are gorgeous too :love::love:
is there some sort of stigma with the general public and REWs?

yes many people see them as magitions probs.. or as evil (note i do not agree) and think they are scary or possessed as often they have poor eye sight and do odd things like scanning. x

The shop i work in (pet shop:evil:) are always left with REWS (dont worry i am there to give people proper advice and send them to the rescues) but when people come in to look at the bunnies they say "ewww that thing looks evil who would want that?":evil::evil::evil::evil:
I LOVE REWs and dont think there is one thing wrong with them and they are one of my favorite bunnies (actually i love ALL bunnies no matter the colour or size :lol: )
I think its the Redish/pinky eyes that put people off :?

I have a REW bunny, a REW Guinea Pig and a REW hamster.

Our REW bunny, Penelope, is so friendly. She runs right up to you and responds to our voices really well.

Our REW piggy, Aero, is a very special boy. There is just something about him :love:

And our REW hamster, Manuel, is very intelligent and LOVES his wheel :)

I adore REWS...officially part of the REW fan club! ;)

lol i had a rew hamster she was a cow to start with and attacked me all the time but with time i tamed her and loved her very much(i loved her when she was grumpy too but its very difficult to feed a hamster who runs at you to bite you!.. i then found out she was a he bless him no wonder he was grumpy! he had lots of problems in old age but i loved him so much his name was oatsy. x

our first house bun had actually red eyes..real ruby red 24hrs a day no matter what the light was like! she had pale grey eras and a smudge on her nose too..the kid next door said to me..is oyur bun evil cos its got red eyes:shock: she was bt not cos of her eye color:lol::lol:

i saw my neices rew buns and didnt like the fact their eyes are a kinda milky white iris etc weirded me out. when i was lent bertie to save bifs life my heart sank when i saw he was sooo huge as i thought at the time..and a rew.
however i ended up adopting him as he saved bifs life and..we fell in love with him.
hes a frenchie and rew..and he only ever has his eyes half open or even less! if oyu look at my siggy his eyes always look like that unless its pretty dark and hes very excited or angry as hell!:lol:

i now adore rews and cant undertsand how i was so biased! mind oyu we also have the boring black cat with a teny bit of white..also the ones shelters cant shift...ive chnaged my mind about both.....:love:

REWs are :love: :love: :love:

007-10-1.jpg

im a reformed rew lover :love::love: i was one that didnt like them at first but since having them i wouldnt say no to one again if i had the space i so miss lil jimbo :(

I'm sure they are lovely natured animals, and potentially make fantastic pets, but it is of course the red eyes that puts some people off. I'll be honest here...I personally don't find red eyes that attractive on any animal, so wouldn't naturally pick them first. I would also be worried about sight issues. I have no real cares about colour of coat, anything is lovely black, mottled, wild rabbit and so on.......but I find eye colour important and red makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. There, said it now....... luckily we all like different things in life.

On this theme....why were the red eyes originally bred into the rabbit ? (if there are associated vision issues)

i luuuuuuveeeee them :love::love::love::love:

only reason i dont have a house full is cus im only allowing myself 2 buns at a time....

even my chippie (who i preyed was gonna be white before we got to the shop) is a sort of rew.. they are called dilutes tho :love::love::love:

Back