• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humans being attacked by crazy bunny

Emmy-Dan

New Kit
Daisy has been inside for about a month now. When she was outside we spent time with her but possible not as much as we do now. We usually let her have a free run downstairs for a number of hours. A few days ago I was lying on the floor trying to get new photos of her. I was wearing a black cardigan and she came upto me, nipped me (thought she was just saying hello at first) then starting humping me. In the five years we have had her we have never witnessed this behaviour. I assumed because I was wearing black my arm could be mistaken for a bunny friend.

Today, we have let her out to play and she went mad. She has been chasing me, my husband and two children all over the place. If we are caught she grabs us and won't let go for dear life and starts humping us. So pretty much most of free time we have all been balancing on chairs.

Can anyone advice me please about this behaviour and how we can manage it.

firstly is she spayed? if not thats your first step to reduce her hormones. secondly a calm male wil help calm ehr lots of toys to break bordom and saying firmly no when she bites or nips. x

lol :lol: sorry sounds like you got a rabbit madly in love with you's, i know i shouldn't laugh it's just the fact she's humping you's.

No she isn't sprayed. This is probably the problem. Years ago we were advised not to as it would cause her more stress. We have since moved vets now.

At five is she not too old now? Thought as an older bunny she wouldn't have so many hormones flying around. We are trying to entertain her as much as possible so she isn't bored but her idea of entertainment isn't quite the same as ours.:lol:

No she isn't sprayed. This is probably the problem. Years ago we were advised not to as it would cause her more stress. We have since moved vets now.

At five is she not too old now? Thought as an older bunny she wouldn't have so many hormones flying around. We are trying to entertain her as much as possible so she isn't bored but her idea of entertainment isn't quite the same as ours.:lol:

not at all she is only middle aged i have an `11yr old and a 9 yr old females.. my 9yr old was speyed last yr and i had a 6yr old boy neuterd this week. get a rabbit savvy vet please she is at high irsk of death from uterine cancer. xx

Thank you Bunlover for your advice. I thought it would be too late for her. What would be involved? What about recovering time and care?

Back