• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice re dental checks

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Rhias had her teeth done three or four times now I think, a couple of them were ages apart but then she needed them doing within a couple of months recently. She just has spurrs that need burring. I assume I should have her teeth checked routinely now, mainly so we can get them sorted before they cause her problems - shes a nightmare to get eating if she stops. How often would you suggest? X

All of my dental buns get checked at different intervals, ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months. You'll eventually get into a routine when you know roughly how long she can go between dentals.

All of my dental buns get checked at different intervals, ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months. You'll eventually get into a routine when you know roughly how long she can go between dentals.

She seems to go quite a long time without needing them, though have obviously got a little bit more frequently as shes getting older. Hmm think i'll have a chat with the vet about it, maybe he'd be able to advise it even though hes only treated her for her last dental? :)

I have 2 dental bunnies and used to take them every 4 weeks for a check up, now it's approx every 6 weeks - although 1 of them has not needed her teeth doing since July so i'm one chuffed bunny mummy! (I still take her though just to be safe).

Back