• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Missy had an x-ray today - update, we have poops :)

Jaypot

Mama Doe
The bloody little madam :roll: Chris the vet was with her for an hour and a quarter :shock: After they peeled her off the ceiling, caught her in mid-air, stopped her running around etc. they finally got an x-ray done:roll: It showed nothing up - no blockages or anything.

He came and told John and said that he would take some bloods - so after I don't know how long, he gave up 'cos she wouldn't part with it :roll::lol: and she wouldn't keep still :lol:

So, we still don't know why she is not eating and pooping :roll: We have to keep on with the feeding, the paraffin and the sub-cuts - which she is not pleased about but tough:evil:

She is as bright as a button and is busy washing herself 'cos she has been touched by humans :roll::lol:

I wish to goodness we knew what was going on - and I wish she would just start passing and eating by herself :?

John told the vet that she was trying to put us in the poor-house and he just laughed :lol: Chris said she is a lovely bunny - John said he could have her :lol:

Last edited:
She sounds just the same as Sparkle:roll:. I think we should put them in a bag and shake them up the naughty girls:D

Norty Missy !!

Have you tried the 'do nothing for 12 hours' approach ?
Sometimes a Bun can get so stressed by our attempts to help them and just leaving them alone can be what gets things moving in the end.
Obviously not the first choice of action, but when diagnostics come back normal and pain relief has been given some 'time out' from hands-on care can bring about a recovery.
I even had one Bun who bounced back after being given a shot of Diazepam (Valium) when all else failed ..............:? :?

How frustrating for you. I hate not having all the answers.

At least on a positive note she is Very bright :):lol: Hopefully it will just be a matter of time before she is back to normal :D

i laughed out loud when i read that john said that the vet could have the bunny!
You could try giving pineapple juice/flesh as it has active enzymes in it to help the gut and help the gut moving and hopefully poo. Even if this is not the cause, pineapple wont have any adverse effects to the bunny if noting is there.

We have poops :p Loads of 'em - I'm so happy :D I am going to keep her on the supportive therapy for another couple of days to make sure that she is back to normal :D:D

And Possum did a load of poops as well so hopefully he is feeling lots better :love:

Back