• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Beautiful new rescue girl, Jet says hellooo!

vicki267

Mama Doe
She came to live with me on Monday and is the most obedient rabbit ever :shock: I beleive she has just recovered *touch wood* from E.C and she had a seizure. She also went into rescue extremely obese and with fur and ear mites.

She has now lost half her body weight but is still a little podgy round the sides :lol:

Despite being in P@H for 6 months and being ill she is wonderfully friendly. She also hasn't been spayed and I'm not risking this for a few months due to her history of fitting/E.C.

She has full run of downstairs and she did have a 48" dog crate to sleep in but I made up some NIC cubes today which she seems to love!

Anyone have any idea's on what breed she is? She is huge, last weigh in was 3.8kg but I think she has lost weight since. Could she be an English X?

Hope you like her :D

jet1.jpg

jet2.jpg

jet3.jpg

jet4.jpg

jet5.jpg

She is a wee sweetheart, looks like she likes her new home....she is quite the poser with her wee foot up on the cage for getting her pics taken. :love:

I don't know what breed she is I'm afraid, but wow she is gorgeous :love::love::love::love: I've got a thing for black bunnies :love::love::love: Well done on rescuing her - looking forward to lots more piccies :D

She is lovely :) What are you feeding her to get her wieght down if you don't mind me asking? I've just weighed mine and they're now on a diet :oops::oops::oops: I'm very good at giving out dietery advice to owners but rubbish at following it! The more I cut my lot down, the more they decimate my garden and steal food from the cupboards :roll:

Wow, she cant believe how popular she is! :D

She is lovely :) What are you feeding her to get her wieght down if you don't mind me asking? I've just weighed mine and they're now on a diet :oops::oops::oops: I'm very good at giving out dietery advice to owners but rubbish at following it! The more I cut my lot down, the more they decimate my garden and steal food from the cupboards :roll:

They gave me some pellets to feed her on and they said to give her a handul per morning, I've been giving much less than that though. TBH she loves her hay so 90% of her diet is hay, about 8-9% some green veg in the evening and 1-2% pellets. I do hope to start introducing SS pellets soon though.

She is getting so much more exercise here than she was at pets@home, she is so well behaved that I can just leave her out during the day (although I have lots of poops to clean up) :oops: She loves running about but also likes a break in between but her legs and feet are quite small to support all that weight so I cant blame her :shock:

Hopefully the exercise will be the factor in losing the remaining weight :roll:

My O/H laughs as I train humans to lose weight and now he thinks I'm a bunny PT too :lol:

Aw, she's lovely :love: - well done for taking her on - I would think, unfortunately, that a lot of people would avoid a bun with her history :(

Wow, she cant believe how popular she is! :D

They gave me some pellets to feed her on and they said to give her a handul per morning, I've been giving much less than that though. TBH she loves her hay so 90% of her diet is hay, about 8-9% some green veg in the evening and 1-2% pellets. I do hope to start introducing SS pellets soon though.

She is getting so much more exercise here than she was at pets@home, she is so well behaved that I can just leave her out during the day (although I have lots of poops to clean up) :oops: She loves running about but also likes a break in between but her legs and feet are quite small to support all that weight so I cant blame her :shock:

Hopefully the exercise will be the factor in losing the remaining weight :roll:

My O/H laughs as I train humans to lose weight and now he thinks I'm a bunny PT too :lol:

Well i've just had to chase my fattest bunny around the living room to get her on the scales (they hate being weighed) so hopefully that will help! :)

Aw, she's lovely :love: - well done for taking her on - I would think, unfortunately, that a lot of people would avoid a bun with her history :(

Yes most people would :cry: However after my blind bunny Stitch died in december I vowed I would help another bunny who wouldn't be easy to home :) I plan on doing the same in the future and am currently making plans to convert part of the garage to take on older buns next year.

Fingers crossed though that she will be seizure free from now on and I can look into getting her spayed in a few months :shock:

Back