• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veg patch

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
My parents want to turn the end of our garden into a vedge patch, but they want to plant potato's there first. I know they are toxic to bunnies but how would I keep them away from it without putting a fence up.. which my parents won't have any of... blimey I thought i'd over come one thing but now another stands in my way :? :censored:

Well I suggest you tell them that if they want their spuds to grow, just like with any veg they need to get going undisturbed to produce a good crop, so if they don't fence the area off the bunnies may well dig around in it and scupper their plans for tasty home grown spuds.

Also, if they're planning to grow other crops from autumn/next spring, they'll have to secure their veg plot anyway or nothing well ever grow properly - rabbits and tasty veg seedlings = decimated crops! ;)

How about getting a roll of green wire fencing about 3ft high (wilkinsons sell it) and wrapping it around the veg plot whilst the rabbits are out, then rolling it up neatly when then are in? we have this in our garden and it doesn't look too ubtrusive :)

How about getting a roll of green wire fencing about 3ft high (wilkinsons sell it) and wrapping it around the veg plot whilst the rabbits are out, then rolling it up neatly when then are in? we have this in our garden and it doesn't look too ubtrusive :)

if they are like my rabbits they will jump this easy!

The do higher in B&Q - I've used it as temp fencing to split my garden up before:D

You may find the bunnies won't even touch the potatoes - we have an allotment that's rife with wild bunnies and potatoes are about the only thing that won't get devoured :)

Back