• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big's wee hocks

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Like Angel in an earlier thread naughty Big does not use a litter tray. She has a large rectangular one with newspaper and thick hay on top. She like to use it as her nest and keeps it very clean.

She chooses to wee and poo at the entrance to her cage so every time I go into the rabbit room she comes to greet me and standinf in it and when she and Beige are free ranging in the rabbit room she is always standing in it getting in and out of the cage. She has done this for as long as I can remember and has wee stained hocks which look horrible but fortunately are not sore just yucky looking and smelly (they are dry too) I have bathed her feet but can never get rid of the stain.

Hopefully when I put her and Beige in the dog crate she will copy Beige and use a tray.

While free rangingin the rabbitroom she wee's on the carpet... little monkey

Rabswood

Big is just like Carlton! :love: He will not pee in his litter tray, that's only for eating in apparently. :roll:

Obviously they are the perfect couple :lol:

Beige taught himself to use the litter tray and is a very clean little man.

Rabs

I have one bunny that refuses to stop using the entire shed floor as a toilet, regardless of what I put down on it.
Another that is very good at using the litter trays but also has a favourite spot in the run which is also used as a toilet... and putting things in the way doesn't work :roll:

The rest are pretty good unless there's any hay / straw about elsewhere... and then they absolutely must go to the loo on it. Makes things difficult when the weather's extreme (like it has been recently) and I need to put it down on the floor to keep them warm :roll:

Alfie's very clean, but Bubbles just likes to wee anywhere that there is hay. She jumped into my box of good hay the other day and had a wee on it. :roll::lol:

Back