• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly question of the day....re humping

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Alfie's suddenly started humping Bubbles at every opportunity. :oops::shock: They've been together for about 4 mths, Alfie's been neutered for 6 mths and he never really did much humping before now.

I know it's usually a dominance thing, but I can't see why he'd start doing it now, so I was wondering if the 'slightly' warmer weather could be making him fruity. :oops: Do anybody else's bunnies behave differently when Spring is on its way?

Told you it was a silly question, I'll get my coat....... :lol::lol:

Last edited:
:wave: I'm new to bonded rabbits as well and I've noticed Rudy seems to be fancying his chances a bit more recently too :lol::lol: I've guessed it's to do with the warmer weather but it would be good to have it confirmed.

funnily enough i've also noticed hector trying to hump honey now and again recently - which is something he never usually does (sometimes she humps him if she thinks we're giving him too much attention and gets jealous :roll: but it doesn't usually happen the other way round)

I think it might be because of the time of the year
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=168836

Haha, I hadn't seen that thread. :lol::lol:

So glad it's not just me anyhow. Bubbles isn't bothered luckily - she lulls him into a false sense of security by standing still for him and then bounding off just as he's about to 'jump on'. :lol::lol: I think it's quite funny to see him chasing her round the garden shaking his litle white tail. :love::love:

Back