• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanut Update!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Just thought some of you guys would like a Peanut update..

He has been doing very well, he is currently living inside the outhouse with Jelly, rather than the hutch. The floor is a deep bed of hay and we changed hay and this is much softer.

Their litter is megazorb which is pricey as bedding as it being chanegd morning AND night but never mind! His dressing is now 100% off and he *seems* to be okay, the fluid isnt back from what my mum can tell, but hes had the dressing off 10 days now, and at 2 weeks he will have a check up as while she cant see anything wrong, we couldnt see the fluid the first time so best to be safe than sorry.

Vet is concerned the abcess may return in the future, and theres a good chance it will aparantly, but were keeping all fingers and tails crossed!

Just a note to everyone, his abcess wasnt a big ball of puss i could see on his leg or foot, it was a slight whiteness under the skin about the side of a earring stud and the abcess was all inside, so if you ever see that, as a precaution please take your bun to the vet, i never thought it was an abcess and if it had been left until we could see what it was for sure, he would have lost his leg.

:)

peanutbutternjelly001-1.jpg

Awww, it's good to hear he's on the mend and so lucky you took him to the vets when you did. :)

I bet your mum's relieved she doesn't have to wrestle him to put those dressings on any more. :lol::lol:

Awww, it's good to hear he's on the mend and so lucky you took him to the vets when you did. :)

I bet your mum's relieved she doesn't have to wrestle him to put those dressings on any more. :lol::lol:

he boxes her when she touches him hes still angry with her lol!

I've completely missed whats been going on with Peanut. Tend to be in general chat more these days than anything else!

Is this abcess related to all that weight he lost a while back? Did you get that sorted?
x

I've completely missed whats been going on with Peanut. Tend to be in general chat more these days than anything else!

Is this abcess related to all that weight he lost a while back? Did you get that sorted?
x

no i think that was a mild case of E.C bcus as soon as he was pancured he was fine!

The abcess is why hes had sore hocks , which was strange for a dwarf lop to have such bad hocks. it is bcus he has slippin gligaments that cause his hocks to 'drag' and that caused an abcess. so while its healed, it could easily happen again

x

Really pleased to hear that Peanut is doing well :) Fingers crossed he continues this way!

Back