• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fur plucking?

areia

Wise Old Thumper
docs got his bad habit of plucking beths fur again but its a bit more this time and shes getting a bit peeved with it,

i call it plucking as its whats he doing nuzzles in a pulls a bit out and does it again, shes sits there for a while then they start chasing,and she gets a bit stressed, when he did it before its was her head now its her side and head
just wondering what this means, im assuming this will subside like it did before

Just a possiblity, but check that your Beth doesn't have mites. Partner buns are good at noticing this, and sometimes try to 'clean them out', by nibbling at them.

They are impossible to see by eye, but if there is any skin irritation, or white dandruffy bits, a vet can check a little fur sample from the area under a microscope to see if there are any. An affected bun is not always itchy, and sometimes does not show any symptoms, but it can be nasty if not treated.

tiz a thought, i cant see any dandruff,or any on skin all clean, im aware the mites cant be seen by the naked eye, she was spayed just over a week ago, i kept them apart for her to recover a bit,when i got them home as he decided to hassle her a bit,for which he got the hump as i moved him not her and he wanted his cage back :lol: he is a charater, but being a very soppy pair i felt it was ok to put back together, i was guessing it may cuz she smells all "vetty" it has settled a lot more tonight,havent been supervising just listening out and popping in the kitchen to see them from time to time as he knows how to behave in front of his mom :roll: has been lots of grooming from him and she hasnt attempted her mad mounting she was doing before her spay, trust her to start getting hormonal day before her spay :roll: and they have been curling up together too

interesting thought on the mites thing and fur pulling kinda sweet in a weird way if thats what hes doing "unclean unclean":lol:

Back