• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD query...is this true?

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Ive just called a vet in my area to ask for prices on spaying, myxi and VHD...all seem reasonable prices, but the vet told me VHD has recently gone to every 3 years, no longer yearly???? Not sure if i trust this.

She said a rep came in the other day to go through various procedures and said they have change the need for VHD to 3 yearly!

Fort Dodge Animal Health have confirmed it's still a yearly booster for Cylap.

Don't know about lapinject.

Took 2 of my girls for their VHD last Friday at the Pet Vaccination Clinic and they have put the next one due in 12 months!

Seems weird for a rep to suggest every 3 years, you would think they would want it done annually so they sold more vaccine :?

Which vet was it Michelle? (I assume it's ok to name them :?) It'll be one to put on my avoid list I think. The last I heard, my vet in Grays still says yearly.

I would like to know which company the rep was from and also see the research on this, strength of titres, etc. My dogs get a rabies vaccine that is effective for 3 years.

yep still yearly. I need to take mine in soon for theirs. all 4 have their VHD at different times which is a right pain!

I'm sticking with yearly because my Gran encourages birds into the garden, nothing wrong with that and I like the birdies but my rabbits arn't worth the risk.

Back