• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home

willowholly

Mama Doe
Just popped into pets at home to get supplies for B to take with her on her outing Saturday and noticed how rabbit crazy our store has gone.They have pictures showing how buns should live,in houses or big runs.They even have an adopition centre too now and they had this massive hutch run combo with a conti in that has been recommended by RWA.Was very impressed.Have always lectured staff there in past about lack of understanding of the animals they have but things are certainly looking up.:)

Pets at home in hereford is pretty good too. there rabbit section is great. we also have a adoption section :D

It hasnt improved much in my area :( They were keeping rabbits with baby guinea pigs before Christmas, the pens were jammed :censored:

Our had a bunny lecture the other day - was half hour late for it though so dont know what was said :(

They have been better in my local one too :) alwyas fresh hay, food, water and veggies. The only thing i did have to say about was when they knocked the tunnel in fron of the water bottle so couldnt get to it -but they moved it once i said.

i have to agree our pets@home in pitsea is always clean and tidy and they also have a rehoming centre its where i got roxy and freckles and also daisy our g pig the staff are better trained now and they never have rabs and g pigs mixed together

teresa

Just popped into pets at home to get supplies for B to take with her on her outing Saturday and noticed how rabbit crazy our store has gone.They have pictures showing how buns should live,in houses or big runs.They even have an adopition centre too now and they had this massive hutch run combo with a conti in that has been recommended by RWA.Was very impressed.Have always lectured staff there in past about lack of understanding of the animals they have but things are certainly looking up.:)
Did they have these suitably sized homes for sale or the usual 4 and 5 foot prisons that they usually sell?

Our local PATs is not doing more for the rabbits and now mark the smaller hutches as only being suitable for guinea pigs.

However, all the staff are really ignorant and speak down to you which I find incredibly rude. (doesn't matter which animal you are talknig about)

Back