• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering Pregnant doe.

Dani_x

Warren Scout
Well i seemed to have caused alot of upset in my breeding thread. i didnt know you could foster pregnant does from rescues, and i think this is a better alternative. any advice on this and how i go about it?

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

This is a list of rescue centers around the UK. Normally if you were interested in fostering I would contact them, go and see there set up, they'd want to see yours & homecheck you like they would do a normal adopter. Not all rescues use fosters so you might not get a response & to be honest I think it unlikely that a rescue would give you a pregnant doe on your first time, they would want to be 100% sure of your rabbit keeping abilities before they did that.

Sorry was too busy reading your other thread to reply then:oops::lol:

Yes I think going the Rescue route is a lot more responsible way of getting baby buns than breeding your own.:D

I picked up 2 girlies from the free ads once - with the full intent on spaying & then them being rehomed. They gave birth on Night 1:shock: One baby died, but a couple of rescues helped me rehome both Mum & Aunt & 5 of the 6 babies (Kendra stayed:oops:). If I had kept them it would have cost me £305 to neuter/spay the lot (& my vets are very cheap). Also Kendra had an injury that cost a couple of hundred & the Mum got an abscess, which I think was £125 to treat. Let alone food, bedding & don't get me started on time!!! I was very lucky cos I had rescue back up.

If you contact your local rescues - they may be interested in having you as a fosterer. Then when you have gained a little bit of experience, they might let you take on some babies/a pregnant bun:D:D I foster for a couple of Rescues on here - & have helped out some others - so basically just get in with them:oops::lol:

at 17 will u be allowed to foster or need ure parents help/permission maybe??

sorry if ure not 17 but im sure i read that somewhere

Thanks ecudc will look now :D
Thanks for the advice Angie. I see its quite costly.
Yeah, im 17. My mum would be fine with it :D

Back