• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

medication tip

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hey ho for all those who have difficult bunnys like mine who hate taking their medicines like good bunnys i have found the solution!(or at least it works for al lof mine) hipp baby food the red fruit and apple compote. its contents are:puree of apples, rasberries,strawberries & blueberris and fruit juice. it has no preservatives no milk, no sugr(apart from natrual fruit sugars) and no gm it is gluten free.all fruits are organic.
its about 54p in tescos per glass jar and i use it as follows per dose of medicine 2 tea spoons in a dish mixed. they gobble it up. i have found it works with pannacur and baytril. :):):)

Will try that in future cos B has been a real b*gg*r to get hers into her!Luckily shes managed to get better on the little I have managed to get into her!!:lol:

What a brilliant idea!:D My bun is on medication twice a day and probably will be for the rest of his life and he hates the Baytril. I think he may like this idea though, last year I got him some Hipp apple & pear I think it was when he was very poorly and he lapped it up from the end of a small syringe.

I am definitely going to go and get a jar of this and try mixing in the Baytril. Will let you know what happens, thanks for the great idea :D

Hehe, I've been using baby food for years on the more difficult buns and other food on the others.

Its definately a good tip for anyone struggling to give meds to their buns 'cos as you've said most buns love it :D

Back