• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear - what to do? :o( Another Update :o)

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I heard this morning that someone who lives near my work is offering her two rabbits 'free to a good home' including cages/accessories. I haven't seen them but from the description, i *think* one of the is an english lop, not sure about the other.The woman no longer wants them as they are 'in the way'. The bit that really worries me though is that one of them 'has fur missing'. There's no way i can take them on as i just don't have the space/money. I've advised the woman to phone round rescues to see if anyone will take them but she stared at me like i was speaking another language :(
I know you can't help everybun but these two are really playing on my mind - any advice?

:(

Last edited:
Give her details of Rabbit Rehome and get her to advertise them here :)

She's not interested, said it's 'too much hassle' i offered to do it for her but she declined :( She gives me the impression she just wants someone to take them off her hands with as little effort from her as possible.Poor buns :(

I'm back with an update. I went to see the buns, one of them is in a state :( The 'missing fur' is actually a huge scabby bald patch where one bun had been attacking the other. I spoke to a rescue that i'm in touch with & they said they'd be happy to take them in :) I'm collecting the buns tonight & taking them to the rescue.I'm so nervous, i don't know why, i think i'm worried the woman won't let me take the buns when i go to pick them up or something :oops: Anyway, hopefully a happy outcome for these two buns :)

I'm back with an update. I went to see the buns, one of them is in a state :( The 'missing fur' is actually a huge scabby bald patch where one bun had been attacking the other. I spoke to a rescue that i'm in touch with & they said they'd be happy to take them in :) I'm collecting the buns tonight & taking them to the rescue.I'm so nervous, i don't know why, i think i'm worried the woman won't let me take the buns when i go to pick them up or something :oops: Anyway, hopefully a happy outcome for these two buns :)

Well Done you! Thank you for helping them x x

What a shame for the buns.....glad your getting them to a good place where they can get help...well done!

Just to let you all know, both buns are now safely at the rescue - on closer inspection, the nethie had an awful injury on her neck where the other bun had attacked her :( They are in good hands now though, i'm so relieved & grateful to the charity for helping them :)

Another update! I spoke to the rescue yesterday & the lop has been rehomed & the little nethie has been paired up with a husbun :D I'm so pleased for them! Sucess! :wave:

Another update! I spoke to the rescue yesterday & the lop has been rehomed & the little nethie has been paired up with a husbun :D I'm so pleased for them! Sucess! :wave:

Aww, so nice that there's a happy ending - well done you for giving them a chance to be happy buns!!

Back