• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What did the Californian say to the Himilayan?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I wuv you!:love::love:

Bonding Kipu, a friend's Californian stray bun to Lizzy the Himmy from ARC...

img_2038.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

Kipu was brought into a vets emaciated, ears crusted to bits with mites and a wonky back leg. He's put on weight and his mites have now gone.

His mummy wanted to give Lizzy a home, so I went to collect Lizzy last night from Aunty Donna's, and didn't know if I could start bonding as his back leg is wonky (vet has approved me to continue as it may be like it for ever), we put him in the carrier with her to bring them here to my back passage and he immediately washed her head. It is truly a case of love at first sight and I have had no part to play with this bond!

Don't they make a beautiful couple? How his life has changed from being grabbed at by kids in the street to his hew home with his lovely new wife and family.:D

Last edited:
Speechless....:love::love: What a fab turnaround in the bunster's life:D Your combined efforts have made this happen for him..WELL DONE!

Here's what the wee man looked like the day he arrived at the vets...

KipuDay1.jpg

Not a great picture but this was one of his ears...
EarMites.jpg

Such brilliant news you are doing a fab job there with them, they even look like they were made for each other.

Sounds like your back passage is continually in use at the moment :oops:

Such brilliant news you are doing a fab job there with them, they even look like they were made for each other.

Sounds like your back passage is continually in use at the moment :oops:

I might have to give it a rest soon eh Janice, I'm not getting any younger...

Beautiful couple how do you tell them apart :love:

She's got the most beautiful clear pink gobstopper eyes and his are a bit more snoozy. Her face is definitely more girlie too when you get close up.....

I can't believe they love each other so much so quickly - wonder if they realise they look like each other or something and that is what has made the difference:? Makes you think:D

ive met lizzie shes was a nervous bun when she came in, but i had a soft spot for her :love: i agree very feminine looks,
they look yummy together
just goes to show with a lot of tlc animals are very forgiving hes such a hansome chap

another easy one for ya belt then :lol:

ive met lizzie shes was a nervous bun when she came in, but i had a soft spot for her :love: i agree very feminine looks,
they look yummy together
just goes to show with a lot of tlc animals are very forgiving hes such a hansome chap

another easy one for ya belt then :lol:

Yep Zoe, I don't seem to have to do any work when it comes to bonding at the mo. These two are so good together after two nights in each others company that we have already moved them into a dog crate with access to a lot of space for exercise. They are not upset by more room at all. In fact we have had nothing but binkies all last night and this morning.:D

Still, doing a homecheck today for a lady who's after one re-homing one of the Gloucester boys so we'll see if my run of luck continues with that bonding! Fingers crossed.

Back