• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snotty Nose

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Since I've brought the bunnies home from boarding Moo has got a really snotty nose. She usually has a bit of the sniffles anyway and I give her benadryl for it, but she is really really sneezing all the time and there is quite a bit of white discharge coming out of her nose. Also all round her nose and wiskars is all caked up with it. I have tried to wipe it off but it's quite matted in.

Poor thing seems exhausted all the time as she'll do about 20 sneezes in a row!

Do I need to give her some baytril? If so I will make a vets appointment for tonight if possible!

Sorry I completely missed this thread :oops:

I hope Moo's snotty nose clears up. It may take more than a week on Baytril to achieve that though.

Sending get well vibes :)

Sorry I completely missed this thread :oops:

I hope Moo's snotty nose clears up. It may take more than a week on Baytril to achieve that though.

Sending get well vibes :)

Thanks Jane :D
They have given me a 2 week course and have said to just ask for more if it's not cleared up. Rather than going to be examined again.

Is there a place on line I can buy baytril? cos I wouldn't mind having some in stock in case it is needed.

Thanks Jane :D
They have given me a 2 week course and have said to just ask for more if it's not cleared up. Rather than going to be examined again.

Is there a place on line I can buy baytril? cos I wouldn't mind having some in stock in case it is needed.

You can buy it online but its a POM so you'll need a prescribtion from your Vet :)

Aaaaaw bless her, poor little Moo. Are you sure your boarders gave her her medication whilst you were gone and used bedding etc that was o.k for her? Hope she is o.k and the baytril does the trick:)

didnt see this either, sorry!
my two has early upper resp infection last summer, and had snotty nose and were put on baytril for a week. worked really well, and it completley cleared up :D :wave:

Back