• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i wait? Help ASAP

Rose

Mama Doe
I forgot to ask the vets this :roll:

Molly's ripped part of her stiches at the weekend, they have already started to heal so the vets wants to leave them and see her in 2 weeks time.

Molly is her usaul self and has started to calm down so i have been thinking about when to bond her and Jack.

Do you think it will be ok to think about bonding them this weekend or not. Obv when Molly goes to the vets Jack will come (he needs his booster around that time) if they are bonded.

Last edited:
Just checked Mollys wound and its gotten a lot smaller and her fur has growing over it. I have noticed that she is alot calmer.

As ive got tonight off i am really considering bonding them tonight when i get home from my interview.

What do you think?

When Bobby had his op, he had already bonded with missy and after he had it done, i put him straight back in with missy in the hutch and they were fine. But, i know its a more 'serious' op with girl bunnies and ive no experience with speying, only castrating. I would give it a couple of days just to be sure. Is there no way they can be kept separate but be able to see and smell each other? This way might give you an idea of the general reaction when you do eventually bond them.

Its hard to give advice like this when they are someone else's rabbits. You know your bunnies best!

I would give it a couple of days if i were you :wave:

When Bobby had his op, he had already bonded with missy and after he had it done, i put him straight back in with missy in the hutch and they were fine. But, i know its a more 'serious' op with girl bunnies and ive no experience with speying, only castrating. I would give it a couple of days just to be sure. Is there no way they can be kept separate but be able to see and smell each other? This way might give you an idea of the general reaction when you do eventually bond them.

Its hard to give advice like this when they are someone else's rabbits. You know your bunnies best!

I would give it a couple of days if i were you :wave:

They have always been next to each other and Jack is interested in Molly. He nip her nose eariler but i am not sure what thats about.

Molly has been spayed since the 4th

Whats the rush? It's best to wait til everythings healed completely and hormones are calming down surely? Spaying id very stressful for buns and so is bonding. If you rush now you could up up with a fight and rabbits are slow to forget. I can understand your impatience: there's nothing bether than seeing two loved-up bunnies but if you want it to work it's best not to take unnecessary risks.

don't know much about bonding but what i do know is that it took my girls a couple of months before harmones calmed down, petal took longer. thing is you don't want it to be a bad experience for them and then they'll hate each. thats what happened to my girls.

Was Molly very hormonal before the op? If so, I would be inclined to wait a couple more weeks at least to make sure those hormones have properly died down - there's nothing worse than a moody female. :lol::lol: I know how keen you must be to get them bonded but it will be worth the wait if it means the bonding is more likely to succeed. :)

Was Molly very hormonal before the op? If so, I would be inclined to wait a couple more weeks at least to make sure those hormones have properly died down - there's nothing worse than a moody female. :lol::lol: I know how keen you must be to get them bonded but it will be worth the wait if it means the bonding is more likely to succeed. :)

Yeah i guess she was very hormonal and food aggressive before the op. Thats changed now but ill prob week a few more weeks.

Whats the rush? It's best to wait til everythings healed completely and hormones are calming down surely? Spaying id very stressful for buns and so is bonding. If you rush now you could up up with a fight and rabbits are slow to forget. I can understand your impatience: there's nothing bether than seeing two loved-up bunnies but if you want it to work it's best not to take unnecessary risks.

:thumb: Well put :)

Back