• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where to get a decent sized hutch?

Zara

Mama Doe
I've realised one of my rabbit's hutches doesn't match the RSPCA guidelines and is too small for the rabbit :shock: so I'm saving up for a roomier hutch for him. My Gran won't help much ("It's a rabbit hutch! They're not supposed to stand up in them!" >_<)I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations, I find the Pets At Home hutches not to be secure enough, but I made modifications to the last one from there to make it safer.

I love my bunnies and I'm not gonna let one of them suffer :(

I'm hoping to spend a maximum of £100, and even then I'll have to wait for my student payout :( I feel bad.

A friend of mine has got some hutches/ sheds off Freecycle & Ebay that only needed tarting up and modifying. Having said that, most of the hutches on Ebay are horrendous, you ar lucky to find a good second hand one.

The RSPCA do a 6ft x 2 ft x 2 ft hutch which is good quality for £95. It comes flat packed and is easy to assemble. It is tongue and groove rather than plywood and just needs weatherproof paint and proper bolts/locks.

Back