• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crazy moulting bunny!

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
I'm brushing gizmo twice a day, for as long as it takes for fur to stop coming onto his brush, but he is still shedding crazy amounts! My room looks like a snow storm has happened daily, and every time I touch him, I get a white glove! It wasn't anywhere near as bad last year! It doesn't bother me that he looks a bit scruffy, but the constant hoovering is starting to get a bit much, and I'm worried he's going to do himself damage if he eats too much fur while he's grooming. I've been giving him a pineapple treat thing once a week, is that actually going to help? And if not, what else can I do? :?

Shedding Bun!

Well, I know how you feel. My bun "brownie" has started shedding again also. :roll: SIGH! It's a pain i know. What we did last year and i know it sounds cruel but it isn;t and we did it very gently and only for the smallest amount of time, like 2 minutes or so. We picked him up, one of us held him in our lap while the other one took the vacuum round attachment hose to his back and sides. We didn;t hold it directly on to his back, but jsut at the very edge of his fur.
It sounds crazy i know. But it worked, and it's way faster then brushing 5,000 times. The vacuum hose sucked up a good amount of loose bunny hair from his back, and when i petted his back and sides i had no loose fur on my hand! so then i vacuumed up all the loose hair around his cage.
This method has worked very well for me, and brownie doesn;t complain a bit. but you still might have to do this like once a week or so, cause their was jsut as much hair the next week as we did it the week before.

mmm i was toying with the idea of a vaccum cleaning on bertie too:lol:
worse now that he and bif have rebonded and shes prone to gi stasis and is washing him..hes so scruffy i was asked if he was an angora..and id only just combed before going to the vets as he leaves clouds of white fur there every time:oops:

Back