PDA

View Full Version : Can rabbits overdose on Panacur?!?!?



loobie_lou
17-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Left the Panacur out and Kitt has bitten in to it and finished the contents - roughly 4 measures still in it.

Please someone put my mind at ease :?

xx

Shell
17-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I was told by my vet that a bun cannot overdose on panacur :)

Phoebesmummy9
17-02-2009, 09:13 PM
:shock: Kitt!! you naughty boy :no:

Jazzy B Bunny
17-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I dont think its anything to worry about.. If I let him im sure eclipse would have a whole tube :shock: :lol:

Becky86
17-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Im 99% sure a rabbit cant overdose on Panacur :) Just keep your eye on him to make sure hes ok :)

Naughty Boy Kitt :no::no: Youve got your mummy all worried now! xXx

abbymarysmokey
17-02-2009, 10:05 PM
One of mine ate most of a tube of panacur once...including part of the plastic packaging! :shock: I was worried that it would cause ill effects, but she was fine :D

loobie_lou
17-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks for putting my mind at ease =]

xx

lilbun
17-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Someone I know (I won't name her) misunderstood the instructions with the panacur syringe and instead of giving 1 graduation to her nethie she managed to give the entire contents minus 1 graduation...! Luckily bunny doesn't seem to have come to any harm :)

Sooz
17-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Research has shown rabbit have been alright at many time the recommended dose, so they should be fine.

kayj
18-02-2009, 12:35 PM
A rabbit can definately not overdose on panacur as last year I phoned my vets in a panic as one rabbit had a full 8 days worth in one dose (tube was faulty) My vets phoned the poisons unit and said that rabbits are tested at extremely high dosages of it

KateB
18-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Left the Panacur out and Kitt has bitten in to it and finished the contents - roughly 4 measures still in it.



Does that mean he likes the taste? Or was Kitt just being destructive?:lol::roll: