• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits overdose on Panacur?!?!?

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Left the Panacur out and Kitt has bitten in to it and finished the contents - roughly 4 measures still in it.

Please someone put my mind at ease :?

xx

Im 99% sure a rabbit cant overdose on Panacur :) Just keep your eye on him to make sure hes ok :)

Naughty Boy Kitt :no::no: Youve got your mummy all worried now! xXx

One of mine ate most of a tube of panacur once...including part of the plastic packaging! :shock: I was worried that it would cause ill effects, but she was fine :D

Someone I know (I won't name her) misunderstood the instructions with the panacur syringe and instead of giving 1 graduation to her nethie she managed to give the entire contents minus 1 graduation...! Luckily bunny doesn't seem to have come to any harm :)

Research has shown rabbit have been alright at many time the recommended dose, so they should be fine.

A rabbit can definately not overdose on panacur as last year I phoned my vets in a panic as one rabbit had a full 8 days worth in one dose (tube was faulty) My vets phoned the poisons unit and said that rabbits are tested at extremely high dosages of it

Back