• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got large bonded groups?

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

I have two groups of 3, a pair and a singleton. I would love to try and bond some of them or all of them.

Can anyone tell me who has large groups how they went about this. Did you introduce one bun at a time, all together, how long did it take?

I'm planning on chucking all the OH's stuff out of MY shed and attaching it to my huge 7ft x 3.5ft double hutch and possibly to the other hutches too via tunnels and runs.

Possibly only a pipe dream but any advise welcome :D

I've a group of 6 :D It started with a couple, a threesome & singleton - I put them all on neutral terriotory & by some small miracle it worked :shock: I was in shock for god knows how long :lol: They are 4 females & 2 males - Libby, Poppy, Mimi, Minnie, Teddy & Tiny Tim - all have got very different personalities - sometimes there is a bit of 'bickering' but on the whole a very loved up group of bunnies. :D:D:D

I keep considering bonding a group of 10 - these 6 & 2 more couples - but not yet plucked up the courage :shock::shock::shock: Think I need to stock up on wine, valium & chocolate cake before attempting it :shock::lol::lol::lol: Good luck & let us know how you go on :D

I tried to put my 4 and my pair together but 2 girls didn't get on at all one was getting really bullied. I really wanted them together but just didn't work. They were together for 2 weeks but it wasn't fair on the one being bullied.

I have a bonded group of 11. The shed arrived in the summer and I introduced them all in the shed. Once the novelty of the space, ramps and hidey holes wore off, we had a few teething problems but they soon settled down.

We have five house bunnies :) We added 2 singles to a pair last year and then little Roo was thrown in during December. So it's 2 boys and 3 girls now :)

Did you have any probs bonding 4? My saffy is such a madam i cant see i'll ever put my 2 pairs together :(

no we were lucky, the bonding was pretty instant. I was very worried about it but was surprised at how well it went. There was allot of humping going on at the start as to be expected but that was pretty much it. I know its scary but you dont know until you try :D

I would so love to bond a big group but its having the courage to put them together....Ive got 4 pairs and 2 singles outside at the moment....it'd be so nice if they all got on........*goes away to dream*

I have a very large *cough* bonded group. :wave: I started with a few and then added in ones and twos. Tend to put newbies in the run for a few days so they can get a feel for the garden and can see the others and vice versa. Once they've been out in the garden for a few days I put them in the shed with the others at night too...listening carefully outside for sounds of scuffles...so far touch wood they've all been fine. Girls harder than boys so most of my girls have been babies or were introduced very early on. The only rabbit I had probs with was the only non-bonded mature girl I introduced, Mulberry, who decided to get stroppy once she found her feet but has now settled really well.... The bonded girl, Lavender, can be a little stroppy too - she chases - but she never latches on or actually attacks. In the shed and the garden ther are loads of hidey holes so no-one gets bullied and they can all do their own thing...hope that helps :)

Back