• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog and Buns.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
How is best to introduce the doggy to my bunnies?

He is quite livley and bouncy, so I don't know how to go about it?

I was thinking put his lead on and keep him tight to me, then walk past the kennel and let them 'see' each other?

Any help? :D

Jack x

hiya
i have acollie and he came first, when i brought the rabbit home and put him in his hutch I left the dog to sniff the cage and teh rabbit in cage, then brought the rabbit to the dog held him, let him sniff him his tail was wagging) gave him afew kisses and walked off.
Didnt like the bun to be in a cage (he doesnt like cages,.)
hes fine with him now

Hi Jack, has your dog been asessed to see how well he is with small animals and cats?

I would personally (from experience) let the dog sit inside, and watch the buns free range outside, and see how he reacts to them. if he does well with them, gradually take the dog outside while the rabbits are in the kennel, and let him sniff them and see them :wave:

Hi Jack, has your dog been asessed to see how well he is with small animals and cats?

I would personally (from experience) let the dog sit inside, and watch the buns free range outside, and see how he reacts to them. if he does well with them, gradually take the dog outside while the rabbits are in the kennel, and let him sniff them and see them :wave:

Hi,

Yep, he's fine with cats. Don't know about dogs. When he's on a walk, he is not fussed by other dogs walking past.

I will try this:D

Jackm x

Back