• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

happy hutch or dawson??

What is the best hutch makeing company?

• Happy Hutch

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Dawson hutches

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
Mai

It would help people if you could show the hutches you are looking at. Dependent on size, what they are made of and runfacilities could make a diference between what people would suggest you bought.

I don't know if you are likely to have foxes where you live but the Happy Hutch ones are NOT fox proof, nor do they seem bothered about making them stronger. From what I've heard the Dawson ones are better quality so I'm guessing stronger built. This might not be an issue for you but I thought worth mentioning.

Have you had prices to compare? I'm guessing Dawson will be more expensive for the same size, but worth it in the long run, as they are likely to last longer.

We have used both and has to be Dawsons every time for us. Just replaced 10 Happy Hutches that didn't even last us a year with some gorgeous new Dawson ones. Our other Dawson ones that are now over a year old still look as good as new too.:D

what are the price differences between the two makes? x
Thank you x x x

i have never seen foxes around here. but we live next to a farm an all that. so im not sure if there could be some xx

I have a happy hutch, it's fab... Just needs a new coat of paint and it'll be as good as new! I believe the other make is a lot more expensive!

I have a happy hutch that came with Milly, its a 3ft thing which Charlie/Mocha play in but I was shocked at the quality, very poor. I thought. But I've no idea on what you are looking at though whether thats any good.

I have a 6ftx2ft with attatched 6.5ftx3ft run for my guinea pigs.
It's not awful quality, but compare it to a Dawson's hutch, it looks like an old banger compared to a Rolls Royce.
I've been Alison's and it is 8x better quality than my HH.
BUT they're very very expensive, but quality wise, it's worth it.

hmm. Any way i could make HH last longer? Would i treat it and get a cover?
I need to see how much money i actuelly have first... that may be a start. :lol: x

I had a Happy Hutch and it fell to pieces. Now have a couple of Dawsons. Yes more expensive, but solid, fab hutch, and really not expensive if you intend to keep bunnies for a good few years. Also I'm sure there would be a good secondhand market for a Dawsons hutch - I wouldn't hesitate. When I get a mo I'll post a pic of mine. It's huge.
One more thing - I have a back injury and asked Dawsons to make it higher off the ground - couldn't be better and exactly what I wanted.
And... you can get the hutch made to any size and any style you want because he's very very good.

Bobbin

I have never had either of the two, but looking at Lynne's hutches, the Dawsons look Fab!! Her run also looks great!

In a few weeks, we will be ordering a run from Dawsons, so would defo go with Dawsons.

Jack x

I have a Dawson's too (6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch, with an attached run) and I'm really happy with it - the build quality is excellent :thumb:

Back