• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Discoloured fur

Marreline

Warren Scout
Hi there,

Have any of you had any problems with discoloured fur? Both of my white bunnies are looking a little orange! Thinking it's probably carrot juice getting spread about as they eat, but hey, could be that they're like flamingos who get their pinkness from shrimps??!!

:?

Could it be urine staining? Buns will sometimes have orange wee when eating certain foods. It sometimes happens when they are stressed too. If one of your buns has a habit of spraying this could be the reason (why does it always happen to the white ones :roll: )

Hi there,

Have any of you had any problems with discoloured fur? Both of my white bunnies are looking a little orange! Thinking it's probably carrot juice getting spread about as they eat, but hey, could be that they're like flamingos who get their pinkness from shrimps??!!

:?

Where is your white buns fur discoloured?
My REW lop sometimes gets orange from her carrotts down by her dewlap, but my other rabbit who is also white doesn't ever seem to get orange on his fur from the carrotts so I have come to the conclusion that Honey must just be a messy eater or something.

Back