• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Whiskey please - NeuturedTomorrow - Ud is fine

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
hi
can i have some vibes for whiskey please
He is off to vets to be neutured

What do I need to do tomorrow night when he is back>?

Last edited:
Sending lots of good luck vibes. Keep him warm and quiet and make sure he's eating a soon as possible. Give him a choice of foods and he'll be thirsty after the GA so make sure he has plenty water. Sure he'll be fine :)

Yes he'll still need his hay, in a hay rack would be best so its off the floor. I'd keep his litter tray in the cage but if he's normally kept on wood shavings then replace that with towels or a blanket, make sure he doesn't eat it though. :)

lots of vibes.... you will need a small area indoors as cage rest which he will need for first 24-48 hours after op. he will need to be on soft towels and newspaper only as bedding as other things can get bits into the wound. check your vet has given him a 24hour pain relief(metacam) (some buns may need more) and ensure he is warm after a ga buns find it difficult to regulate their temperature. you need to get him eating and pooping and weeing asap afterwards.. so giving him a selection of his fav foods..corriander... etc is good. give him a water bowl as poorly buns often dont use their bottles(tho have a bottle their too)and nbothing he can jump onto to pull the stitches/glue.
boys tend to heal fasater than girls but keep an eye he isnt excessivly licking the wound as this can cause problems. make sure the wound is clean and not getting infected most vets do a 2day and a 10 day check up post op free to and if there is discomfort swelling or other problems will medicate as nessacery. good luck vibes! x

edit: yeas hay can be given in a rack or a tub but not on the floor. and litter tray i would avoid for first 24 hours if its high lipped(to stop him jumping) after that or if low lipped then paper only for first few days in it. x

he stays indoors majorioty of time anyway -
esp of nights
has carpet tiles in his area
but vets said to keep him off sawdust for a week?

hes home now
has had a few pellets nibbled on veg pooped and wee'd
lying down (till the dog made a noise and he sat up)

is there anything I should watch for

hes been such a good boy - even the vets said hed been sooo good and sooo laid back

:love:

Sounds like he's doing well :) Make sure he doesn't chew at his wounds. Limit his exercise and make sure he goes back to the vet in a few days so they can check he's healing okay.

Hiya
he appears to be doing well, stretched out asleep when I camd own this morning. But he doesnt seem to be doing much poops?
But hes eating?

Back