• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any spares vibes & prayers please? U/D Lottie has passed away 10.20pm

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I'm sorry to be asking for vibes yet again, so soon after Benjie - but I'm currently looking after my friends bunny, Lottie who has been speyed today & she's not recovering too well I'm afraid.

I took her to our vets to be speyed today as my friend has MS & couldn't get her to her own vets in Rotherham, she also knew how pleased I've always been with our vets.

Anyway Lottie was speyed this morning & I went to fetch her at 4.30pm & was asked to go back 6pm as she was really taking her time to come round :cry: Since I've got her home, she is still very, very groggy & looks really poorly to me. I'm taking her back first thing in the morning for them to check her over. Sadly it wasn't an option to leave her overnight at the vets, as they don't staff the surgery & our out of hours vets are not rabbit savvy :cry: I've currently got her laid wrapped in a blanket on a hot water bottle to try to keep her warm.

I'm so upset at how she has reacted, when none of our own buns have ever been like this after speying or neutering. If anything happens to her, I will never forgive myself & really don't know what I'd say to my friend.

Please, please can you all send Lottie lots of vibes & prayers to come through this?

I'm going to sleep at the side of her tonight to monitor all night.

Thanks so much, Denise

Last edited:
Oh dear, poor little love. Maybe she was spayed later in the day so is still quite groggy from the anaesthetic. Make sure she has a bowl of water as well as a bottle, as poorly tired buns seem to prefer a bowl, it takes less effort. The water will help to flush the anaesthetic through if you can get her to drink any. I would just leave her quietly with some tempting food available this evening, it's a pretty big operation and she shouldn't be expected to be too lively really.

Hopefully the anaesthetic will soon start to wear off properly so she will be much better in the morning xxx

Hope she starts to feel better soon.
Squidgy didn't come round brilliantly after his neuter, so we kept him confined with a snugglesafe, just as you're doing. The only thing he would eat was grass for a while, so it may be worth trying her with that and some dandelion leaves?

Thanks Alison, I left her with a bowl in her cage earlier & she kept falling with her face into her :cry: I've syringed her some water but she didn't seem to be able to take it in. After I posted, I turned round & she'd got herself out of her blanket but fell on to her side - I had the most awful feeling she'd had a fit, but thankfully she appears not to have. I'm going to try syringe some more water into her now.

Sending mllions of vibes and saying extra special prayers for this little one, really hope she picks up soon

I can't believe I'm typing this - but I lay down at the side of Lottie after syringing her a little bit of water & about 5 minutes after she had a fit & passed away in my arms.

I've just spoken to my friend & it was one of the hardest things having to tell her that her baby girl has just passed away in my arms. I can't help but feel responsible as I'd taken her to our vets to be speyed. I know some bunnies have complications & don't recover from GA's well - but this is the first time, I've experienced this with all the buns we've had speyed or neutered.

I feel devastated for my friend, as I'd only taken her Lottie's new husbun over on Friday & she was so looking forward to Lenny & Lottie being bonded.

Binky free beautiful Lottie, run free at the bridge - watch over your Mummy & Lenny for me xxxx

Back