• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post Stasis Care and Behaviour

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Hi, I'd like to ask some dumb questions. Could people help me out again.

One of my buns Lolly is recovering from a bout of stasis. She is now eating, drinking normally and hopping about when the mood takes her. It took a while for her to start eating again and she would only eat greens for the first day or so before gradually starting back on hay. This is great, but unfortunatey she has developed a really dirty bum. I have cut the greens back to a tiny ammount and have not introduced pellets back into the diet yet. She is doing normal round type poops, but also this foul smelling sticky mess. I don't know if it is ceacal poop or what?

She's getting really P***ed off with all the cleaning and mucking around we are having to do to keep the filth to a minimum and stop her stinking the lounge out. Help!

She has also developed this massive attitude problem with her pair bond. All through the illness they were cuddled up together and groomed each other, but they were having a run out in the garden last night and she just set apon her. She chased her really hard and pulled masses of fluff out of her bum and seemed to rough and tumble with each other for a minute before they went their separate ways. A while later she went back for another go and chased her round the garage. I feel sorry for both of them, Lolly isn't 100% yet and has never been as fast as Twinkle, but Twinkle doesn't appear to have done anything obviously bad like try and hump Lolly.

I know it is probably a dominance thing, Lolly was top bun and now she is reaffirming it again but I have never seen such a show of it before. They do occassionally hump each other, but Twinkle now seems terrified of her and runs away when she sees her charging towards her. I'm concerned that their bond has been damaged.

Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing?

Has she had her teeth checked? All her symptoms (GI Stasis, mucky bum, aggression) point strongly in the direction of Dental problems.

Yes her teeth were checked at the vets and she has good teeth. It was one of the first things they did.

The mucky bum has occurred after the stasis, previously she has always been a very clean bunny.

Back