• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wow! I have big Buns!

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Ok, so it was the 6 monthly Myxi jab time for Thelma & Louise (My two Conti Giants).

I managed to get a huge dog cage (as suggested by people on here!), we all went off to the vets on Saturday morning (OH in tow also!) and everything is wonderful. They had their teeth checked, and body a good going over. The vet said they are doing great. Am so pleased. The OH decided he wanted to see how much they weighed, so took them out to the scales...
Well as i thought Louise is the smallest at 5kg, and Thelma tipped the scales at 5.7kg! Am so proud of my girls. Will try posting more recent pics soon!

Must say, i do get some funny looks from people when i take them to the wet...mainly wide open mouths! LOL

i know what you mean about taking them to the vets, we get so many looks when we cart Bella in. one lady once asked me what breed of dog she was :shock::lol:

yours are diddy compared to my elephant - 7.2kg :shock:

I know we always get looks like folk can't believe it - we had our new conti Emily weighed last Monday & she weighed in at just over 7kg :shock:

Mind you I think 3kg are her ears & feet!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Daisy-Sunshine is only 3kg at the moment and nearly five months. I need to show her piccies of all your huge contis and tell her to get a move on! :lol:

I know we always get looks like folk can't believe it - we had our new conti Emily weighed last Monday & she weighed in at just over 7kg :shock:

Mind you I think 3kg are her ears & feet!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I know what you mean...This one lady couldn't believe the size of the ears. They even made a big grown dog whimper LOL!

omg 5kg! hehe my buns are 0.65 and 1.3.... :roll: i cannot imagine trying to get a 5kg rabbit to listen to me hehe :lol:

Maizey was my biggest he weighed nearly 9kgs.I always take mine to the vets in the biggest plastic box they sell in wilkinsons

id love a giant!!

my dinky frenchie buck weighs in at 5.8kg but his frenchie wifey who passed away in october was almsot twice his isze the biggest frenchie id ever seen altho her siblings were all the same size roughly as my bertie:shock: the comments i had then so i know how you feel.

mm bet you never got workmen asking you to put "that dog" away as its looking at me funny and its scaring me:oops::oops::lol:
poor old willow she never even so much as accidentally nibble oyur fingers whilst being finger fed!! but everyone who didnt have buns was absolutley terrified of her..my youngest daughter actually screamed when i went to put willow on her lap as willow was trying to get up on her own but falling off as my daughter had bare legs very slippy to big buns!

as it is folks gasp at bertie and look horrified when i tell em bout even bigger bun s....they think im making it up:lol:

i think berties weight are in his "dog paws" and his ears..he reminds me of a bassett hound:lol:

Back