• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

working out age and breed??

willomeena

New Kit
G'day everyone,
I'm wondering how I go about working out the age of our new mate 'Precious"? My gut feeling is she is a very young bunny, for one thing she's got no fear of cats and lots of curiosity despite moving from a hutch-based life to free run of the house except when I'm asleep, a house with a dog, a tom cat, a noisy toddler, a noisy me and a great gallumphing husband, but she's just like "great, this is fun!". tonight she jumped all over a balloon with predictable results and even that didn't scare her much. Guess I figure an older bunny would be a bit more feaked by change? Her fur is very fluffy and thick, despite it being full summer, so that's got me wondering too.

Also, not sure what kind of lop-ear she is (giant, french, flemish, mini or dwarf) -- she's about 1.5 Kg (if that), and stands about 20 cm high on all fours and is about 25 cm long -- I haven't actually taken a ruler to her, I'm just guesstimating. I should probably take a photo but if anyone can give me an idea of what the different breeds are in size and weight terms that would help.

Thanks heaps!
:wave:
Willo

I dont know about her age but if she is fully grown and is 1.5kg she is a mini lop or could be a cross lop!
Dwarf lops weigh from 2kg to 2.5kg so if she is only young and not fully grown there is a possible chance she is a dwarf :D

A picture would help to determine age and breed :wave:

Back